Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

m6 wiring into a4 harness.

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2012, 11:11 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default m6 wiring into a4 harness.

Does anyone have any information on adapting an ls1/t56 engine harness into an automatic body harness. I'm doing a 2001 v6/auto to 99 ls1/t56.
Old 12-14-2012, 05:57 AM
Staging Lane

...nobody?
Old 12-14-2012, 06:02 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

you need to find the big black plug that would normally plug into the shifter and cut it off. then take the orange and black wires and connect them together for you hatch release to work. then take the green and pruple wires and run them to the clutch switch they are polarity sensitive so if you hook them up backwards the car wont start. then take the last two wires (should be brown.tan) and run them to the reverse lights on the t56
Old 12-14-2012, 10:07 AM
Staging Lane

The motor is in and running I depinned the pnp switch ran the wires to the clutch safety switch. As its an m6 harness the wires are run to the trans already. Connected the wires for the lights and they work. My issue is the a4 harness on the body into the m6 engine harness. The body harness at the c220 connecter terminal "B" is left blank on the a4 harness but the m6 harness has a gray wire that goes to pin 32 blue or the Pcm I believe. The car will idle and rev in neutral but once in gear it won't go quicker that 5 or 10 mph. As per the tech 2 it sees the clutch switch as constantly applied so I don't know if the Pcm pulls power of it sees increasing vehicle speed when the clutch switch signals its applied. I know there's two switches on the clutch, but which one does the Pcm look at?
Old 12-14-2012, 11:06 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The pcm looks at the white switch on the pedal. However this doesn't affect the way the car runs. When I did my m6 swap I left that switch out. It controls cruise control and another small PCM parameter idr which but it doesn't affect the running of the car. I recently hooked mine up just so I could have CC back, and nothing else chaned. The part of the switch that goes to the PCM has a chassis ground from the Black wire on the switch and the other wire which is gray on mine runs to the PCM pin. When the clutch switch is closed the PCM sees a grounded circuit and let's everything run as normal when the clutch is pushed in it disrupts the circuit and the PCM disengages cruise control. However not having the switch hooked up should make anything hay wire. Perhaps post up a pic of what the wiring deal is
Old 12-14-2012, 01:01 PM
Staging Lane

Well I'm not 100% certain that is the issue. I went ls1/t56 from v6/a4 the v6 is electronic throttle as opposed to the cable with the ls1 so I'm not sure what the exact issue is. It's throwing a c0244 pwm torque delivery malfunction and u1000. The car was set up with ASR in v6 form but doesnt have the cable for traction control at the throttle body. The car was also never set up for cruise control. I was thinking the switch input might have an effect. If you could offer me up any advice I'd appreciate it

Quick Reply: m6 wiring into a4 harness.