Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Dirty hydraulic fliud

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2004, 02:01 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dirty hydraulic fliud

would it cause the pedal to stay on the floor? I was at the track and ran a coulpe times everything is ok then i make one pass after the burnout i notice the clutch feels mushy and i shift on into second and then everytimg i try to go t third it will not engauge. I have to let off the gas and wait a sec before it will engauge.I looked at the fliud and it was black would that cause the problem? Im gettig no slip from the clutch.The car has about 50 k on it and i have made about 80 passes in the last month since i have had it.So it has been run hard .It has done fine it tonight and it started doing this.I think its an after market clutch because the stock one wouldnt have lasted i dont think .Sorry for the rambling its 2 am here .
Old 04-17-2004, 03:34 PM
Teching In

I have the same problem, and I am thinking that that is the cause (dirty fluid) any thoughts from anyone? Also if someone could put down the steps on how to use the mighty vac with the master and slave in the car. Thanks

One more thing, you guys use the vac with the trans in place?

Last edited by LukeyTA; 04-17-2004 at 06:19 PM.
Old 04-17-2004, 06:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Per buschman, put the code shaped fitting on the mityvac, put the vac into the resevoir, and pump up a few inches of fluid. Without taking the line out of the resevoir, push the line and fitting down into the line at the bottom of the resevoir, you'll feel it go in. Once its in there well, pump a few times and make sure the fluid doesn't just shoot up the line, if it doens't, pump up to 20-25 psi keeping the line vertical, and wait for bubbles. Do this a few times.
Old 04-18-2004, 04:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Im told the "dirty" fluid is caused by air getting into the system. Dont know it for a fact. I have to periodicly add very small amounts of fluid to my resivoir. Where does it leak out? I dont have a clue!!