Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Please advise URGENT!

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2004, 04:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please advise URGENT!

Just got my car back today after 4 weeks.
It was in the shop cause I blew the tranny out of it shifting to third one day.

I have an M6 w/ a Pro 5.0. Well ever since the PRO 5.0 went it it, it has poor center return from the 1/2 gate. I assumed that the return spring was weak because I have seen a bunch of guys on here say theres did the same thing and they returned it to Pro 5.0 and got it fixed.

Well when the tranny was out and the shifter off, the shifter was fine. Perficet center return. So I figured there must have been something with the tranny causing that (hence why the tranny blew). Now that the new tranny is in, the problem is back.

Is this because the spring really is weak but only with the added pressure of the shift fork against it.

I have to figure out whats up because I think thats why I blew the first tranny. SHifting to third aggressivly but actually hitting first and bent my shift fork.

I also installed the updated slave cylinder and a spec stage 3 and 3:73's while it was in. I also have the adj master going in tomorrow.

-Is the shifter bad?
-Is the clutch not disengaging all the way and thats why the shifter doest spring to center. THen the adj master shoudl fix this right?

Please Help, I am afraid to drive my car aggressivly because of this. I DONT wnat to have to buy another tranny!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks guys.
Old 04-23-2004, 08:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

See if you can bring the shifter back to where you got it and exchange it or sent in on warrantee. Start with the cheapest/easiest part first.