Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Flywheel bolts torque spec

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2013, 08:31 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Flywheel bolts torque spec

Should I use the 74 lb ft listed here? http://www.ls1howto.com/index.php?category=1

Or should I listen to ARP and do 85 ft lbs which is listed in the directions that come with the bolts?

Also, do you guys use the ARP lubricant they recommend or just red loctite?
Old 05-22-2013, 09:15 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 4drSupraT78
Should I use the 74 lb ft listed here? http://www.ls1howto.com/index.php?category=1

Or should I listen to ARP and do 85 ft lbs which is listed in the directions that come with the bolts?

Also, do you guys use the ARP lubricant they recommend or just red loctite?
I would just follow the directions that ARP gave you since you are using their bolts. I used red loctite on mine but I didn't use ARP bolts and didn't have their lubricant, so you will probably be ok going with either one.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 78 Likes on 57 Posts

I did the ARP spec with their assembly lube, but that was because I had some of their assembly lube leftover from head bolt install. If I didn't have the lube lying around, I probably would have used red loctite and done a different torque spec.

Not being smart, but go to Google and search LS1Tech flywheel bolt torque spec. One of those results mentioned using the OEM torque spec with red loctite on ARP bolts I believe, but I'll let you find that yourself.

Good luck!

Quick Reply: Flywheel bolts torque spec