Old 08-15-2013, 07:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Weird issue.
Old 08-15-2013, 07:34 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wssix99
So, was your car born at the factory as a manual? Have you checked the RPO codes on the door to confirm? Others have posted with alignment problems, who were driving cars that were converted from automatics.
^^this. Now answer the ******* question. It's been asked twice.
Old 08-16-2013, 01:09 AM
jmd
TECH Addict

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Besides the above question, did that lower threaded cylinder mounting hole get confused for a firewall mounting hole?

How is the mounting block (installed underhood) a cause of under-carpet floor being cut up?

Even when they aren't super easy to line up, the second hole is never completely invisble unless it's simply not flush to the firewall. Quit driving around with one bolt retaining it and keep trying.

Asking for quick shipping when you've spent more time on the internet than under the car is uncalled for.
Old 08-16-2013, 08:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So they offer to take it in and fix it or replace it and that's not good enough? What do you want them to do? Every one knows the Masters are a bitch to install, if its leaking ok that's one thing, but just having to fight with it to get it lined up is kind of the way it goes with these things. I too would like to know if its an original M6 car.
Old 08-16-2013, 08:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bmxer8699
^^this. Now answer the ******* question. It's been asked twice.
I did not see it the first time so cool your jets. Yes it is a factory 6spd.

Originally Posted by jmd
Besides the above question, did that lower threaded cylinder mounting hole get confused for a firewall mounting hole?

How is the mounting block (installed underhood) a cause of under-carpet floor being cut up?

Even when they aren't super easy to line up, the second hole is never completely invisble unless it's simply not flush to the firewall. Quit driving around with one bolt retaining it and keep trying.

Asking for quick shipping when you've spent more time on the internet than under the car is uncalled for.
No, I could see the difference between the two. The mounting block was completely flush. I tried it first by myself then when I had help the second time I made sure it was flush again.

As far as your comment in bold. You need to not jump to conclusions like that because you sound like a jackass. The attempt to sound all high and mighty on the internet is childish. I come onto the internet to search for answers when I am unable to figure them out on my own or with the other various resources I have. I have spent much more time on this car and others than on the internet and I will leave it at that because I'm not going to get into an argument on the internet.
Old 08-16-2013, 10:08 PM
Teching In

Bud REALLY.... Do some research. I work on industrial frac equipment for a living, we design and test the engines that power cruise ships. EVERYTHING damn near is boss, JIC, or AN. Do you even know what AN is? Aeronautical Navy... It is a design, military originated of a METAL to METAL seal. It is cousin to the JIC, and normally measured in metric. You CAN Overtighten a AN causing a leak, Misalign it as well. There is NO O-ring in the seal, "METAL to METAL". The only fitting similar that uses an O-ring is O-ring BOSS. You can create a boss similar fitting with adding an o-ring but you have to chamfer the inside corners to create a inward slope or else you have sub-par flow which results in Hydraulic force current and waves (which im not going to go into the theory of hydraulics since you are to ignorant to grasp a fitting design). Your ignorance does not support your stupid post. Do some research, learn, and UNDERSTAND before you bash companies like this. People like you is why I left the automotive industry for the more private energy business because no matter what I said you STILL "know", have all the experience in the world, and are "right". <This lack of common, easy knowledge is what makes the rest of your post invalid and lacking enough intellect to even dig into. You sir are know only as "A parts swapper"
Old 08-17-2013, 08:55 AM
Staging Lane

On a positive note, I installed my tick master, speed bleeder, took tranny out and back in on my back on the garage floor in under 5 hours, with beer.. And smoke breaks. Great product and works flawless. Was it a pain in the *** to install? . Kinda, but I knew it was supposed to be, took 10min to align It, gotta stay calm and be patient haha..

Quick Reply: Tick adjustable master. You have to be f'ing kidding me