Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

I think #6 tranny has bit the dust - help

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2004, 11:12 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Question I think #6 tranny has bit the dust - help

Started last year. McLeod single disk. Would sometimes "stick" in gear - usually 3rd, but also 4th. This year. Added the McLeod street-twins. Now will not going into 3rd at WOT. Just puttering about and shifting at 6000 rpm it will going in, but has a "notch" click.

I have the McLeod adjustable master, drill-out mod, brand new slave. I have bled and re-bled the clutch. Just changed the tranny fluid - added all the good stuff.

Is there anything "special" that I have do look for on the street-twins install? Does the slave or clutch have to be shimmed other than the way it was shipped?

I have a feeling another re-build or just buying a drag-only tranny is on tap

Any help is appreciated

David
Old 05-02-2004, 09:57 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For sure doesn't sound like clutch problems.Sounds like tranny problems .If you have bad master you won't get any gears and if you have air in there same thing all gears will go in bad.A totally fubar clutch won't cause certain gears to stick.You have done the drill mod.Take out the tranny bet you thats your problem.Bent fork or stuff in the tranny.
Old 05-02-2004, 11:47 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think it sounds like an internal problem not a clutch issue. I also think it may be a bent shift fork. If you have gone through 5 trannys then you need an auto.
Old 05-03-2004, 05:41 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

How is the driveshaft length?A drivashaft that is too long can destroy 3rd-4th gear after time.