Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

having a lot of clutch issues...

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2013 | 10:22 AM
Teching In

Exclamation having a lot of clutch issues...

Hey everyone, here is a little background on my car (98 camaro z28) as far as the clutch goes... So I bought the car with a clutch that was on its way out about 2 years ago, after about a year, I replaced the clutch that was in the car with an ls6 clutch (replaced the slave as well)...about 3/4 a year down the line, my clutch started to slip, turns out I had a rear main seal leak..So I had to replace the clutch AGAIN with a new rear main obvs.. well I gained a decent amount of power over the year so this time I went with a monster stage 2 clutch.. along with that, I replaced my master cylinder with a tick performance one b/c the stock one was shot & didn't replace the slave again b/c it looked fine.

**Well now the problem is for some reason my clutch pedal isn't holding any stiffness I guess? For example, if I let my car sit for a few hours my clutch pedal has so much slack that it won't engage into gear so I'll even have to grind it into the gears (mostly reverse) just so it engages. however, once I drive it for a bit, the clutch gets stiff again & the problem goes away and the clutch feels fine, but it will get unstiff again over time while driving if I am driving city miles like stop & go a lot.. I don't know what it could be.. it's not a constant problem, it keeps coming and going & I feel like I'm killing my transmission... please help, idk what it could be !
Old 10-31-2013 | 11:10 AM
12 Second Club

Did you bleed it properly? How does the fluid look in the reservoir?
Old 10-31-2013 | 12:25 PM
Teching In

Fluid is clean and I bled it 3 times already.. My friend recommended I reverse bleed it ? Would that make a difference ?
Old 11-01-2013 | 12:28 PM
FormerVendor

Sounds like a hydraulic issue, being it's intermittent...just curious though you did locktite the pressure plate bolts to ensure they are not backing off correct? Do you have a remote bleeder? Keep me up to date or feel free to call, Chris 817-750-2000

Quick Reply: having a lot of clutch issues...