Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch pedal stays on the ground

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2014, 10:26 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch pedal stays on the ground

When I drive the car aggressively the clutch stays on the ground almost like its stuck and makes it hard to put into gear
Old 02-16-2014, 11:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are lots of reasons it can do that. Has it always done this or did it just recently start to act up? The first thing to do would be to bleed the clutch system and get out all the old fluid and air that may be in the system. If that doesn't help it can be a bad master cylinder, bad slave, air getting into the system somewhere, or it could be your pressure plate if you still have the stock clutch.
Old 02-16-2014, 11:50 AM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

OP please research as this is very common.
Old 02-17-2014, 05:31 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How much power and is it a stock clutch? How's the fluid in the clutch reservoir look and have you tried bleeding it to see if it helps?
Old 02-17-2014, 05:42 PM
On The Tree

sounds like its time for a tick and monster clutch package !!
Old 02-17-2014, 07:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by wavebyby
sounds like its time for a tick and monster clutch package !!
^Agreed.

This is now the perfect excuse to do it
Old 02-17-2014, 09:31 PM
Teching In

Stock clutch, bleed twice ,and i only have a cat delete, slp lid and kn filter so my HP is maybe like 330 ? Idk if this helps but when it gets stuck like that I pump the clutch a bit in neutral and it gets stiff again .
Old 02-17-2014, 09:48 PM
On The Tree

i have the same problem so do a lot of ppl i ordered the tick/monster package
for $1100 which will fix the problem
Old 02-20-2014, 06:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Ls1-kid
Stock clutch, bleed twice ,and i only have a cat delete, slp lid and kn filter so my HP is maybe like 330 ? Idk if this helps but when it gets stuck like that I pump the clutch a bit in neutral and it gets stiff again .
If the fluid in the master cylinder resavior isn't getting low and we assume you are bleeding it correctly, I think it's your stock clutch pressure plate. The "self adjusting" mechanisms in the LS1/LS6/LS7 pressure plates are known to fail at high rpms and cause the clutch pedal to stick to the floor. You have to pump the pedal a bunch to bring it back to life. If I were you I'd get a Monster stage 2 clutch and Tick master cylinder and be done with it.

You could test the master cylinder for internal bleed by. Disconnect the hydraulic line where it connects to the slave. Then get in the car and put your foot on the clutch pedal, it should be rock hard. Keep some pressure on the pedal with your foot for a while and if the pedal starts to slowly sink down toward the floor the master could be internally failing.
Old 02-21-2014, 12:26 PM
Teching In

I'm having problems with mine sticking to the floor at high rpms. I have monster level 4 with tick master. Got kit from tick performance. It only does it at high rpm though. Shifts fine any other time and works like its supposed at lower Rpms. Anybody have any idea what could be the problem. All of it has less than 500 miles.
Old 02-21-2014, 12:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by built z28
I'm having problems with mine sticking to the floor at high rpms. I have monster level 4 with tick master. Got kit from tick performance. It only does it at high rpm though. Shifts fine any other time and works like its supposed at lower Rpms. Anybody have any idea what could be the problem. All of it has less than 500 miles.
That's a tough one. The four weak links in the "clutch sticking to the floor problem" is usually the pressure plate, the master cylinder, proper bleeding/clutch fluid, and the slave cylinder. So if you have the Monster stage 4 and the Tick, only thing I can think of is it's either your slave internally failing or it hasn't been bled correctly and there is air in the hydraulic system. Do you notice the fluid in the master cylinder resavior getting low? That could indicate a leak in the hydraulic system where air could be getting in. Have you bled the system properly?
Old 02-21-2014, 01:20 PM
Teching In

I just found a thread on how to bleed it properly and I didn't do it like that so it could likely be my problem. Fixing to pull it out and go auto anyway. So I'll make sure whoever gets it knows to do it the right way unlike myself Lol.

Quick Reply: Clutch pedal stays on the ground