Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

T56 grinds wont go into reverse?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2014, 03:56 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To my luck my trans had been apart before and upgraded everything is great inside the only thing I found bad was the shift fork pads which I replaced with bronze I found that the reverse shift synchro hub is what can be flipped since it only utilizes one side. My trans had carbon synchros and everything but the steel shift fork and bronze shifter pads . Which made no sense to me . But other then that follow the sticky in the manual section here and it's pretty straight forward I have a new 5-6 cluster coming as I chipped mine when removing or be careful and take the time to make the extended puller on page 5 in the how to rebuild t-56 sticky. You can buy what you need if you don't know what's tore up in side . Since that was my only issue this has been a great learning experience
Old 05-01-2014, 06:03 PM
TECH Regular

well i got my 5-6 gear cluster today and went to put it on and it went on fairly easy by hand i mean i had to use a lil force but i didnt have to drive it on at all is this normal? anyone know ?
Old 05-01-2014, 09:18 PM
jmd
TECH Addict

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by saylorZ28
well i got my 5-6 gear cluster today and went to put it on and it went on fairly easy by hand i mean i had to use a lil force but i didnt have to drive it on at all is this normal? anyone know ?
I'd guess it wasn't addressed in the last service. In short, you should measure the i.d. of the gear and o.d. of the shaft where it fits if you can get a mic or caliper in there. The long version: https://ls1tech.com/forums/manual-tr...vibration.html
Old 05-01-2014, 09:51 PM
TECH Regular

I'll do that For sure , but the old one did not require a lot of pressure to come off . I still needed to make a puller tho . Only reason for changing is I chipped to teeth on the other the puller slipped it was late at nite. I paid a hundred for this one used guess I got ripped. But I haven't tried to seat it on down it likes just a bit from what I can tell to seat against the bearing it sits against
Old 05-03-2014, 07:43 AM
TECH Regular

I mic'd the gears and everything was in tolerance. Except what's in this pick
Attached Thumbnails T56 grinds wont go into reverse?-image-3508233396.jpg  

Quick Reply: T56 grinds wont go into reverse?