Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Monster LT1-S installed!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2014, 03:21 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Monster LT1-S installed!!!!

I've been meaning to post and share my thoughts on this clutch for a while now.
I was having the typical sticking peddle issues that most have with the stock clutch. I had talked to Steve a couple times about what I should do and had pretty much all but ordered a single disk level 3 when he talked to me about the new twins. He recommended the new twin LT1-S, because I was a little paranoid about the peddle weight of the level 3 and the occasional drive in traffic (not my daily, but still gets driven to work on nice days.)

Well, I ended up going with the twin and got it all installed a couple months back. At first I had a couple concerns which turned out to it needing more bleeding and me being paranoid. I bled it some AND Steve offered for me to take it there and let them check the engagement and bleed it some more. I think it goes without saying that they really stand behind what they sale. I installed the clutch myself and if there was an issue it was most likely caused by me during the install, but he still wanted me to bring it by and let them look at it, all without expecting anything from me. Now that's customer service!

During the break in I started to notice what I though was the ever so slight chatter. After yet another convo with Steve it ended up resolving itself (a little beating after break-in cleared it right up.)

Now, as far as drivability, it drives just like stock to me. Except for the fact that I can shift as fast as I can move my hand now. I now suddenly realize how much I need to get to changing some suspension stuff

Big thanks to Steve, Jake, and all the other guys at SNL!
Old 04-04-2014, 10:53 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Appreciate the kind words and glad you're happy, thanks again for choosing a Monster!
Old 04-05-2014, 06:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Good to hear. I've had that clutch sitting on my table for over a month now until I get the engine back in . Next week assuming USPS can stick to a date! I'm hoping the Amsoil ATF and LT1-S make for a stock beast experience.

Cannot say enough about the service at SNL. They are the best! Note I've never said that before about another company.
Old 04-14-2014, 04:10 PM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

I'm about to get around to building the C5.... Torn between the LT1-S, SC, or the regular "from scratch" stage 1 twin you guys have.

Having came from a Monster Stage 2 in the Camaro, and that clutch never giving an INCH, coupled with your customer service, it's a no brainer, really.

Will the LT1-S take a nitrous hit? What about the stage 1 twin?
Old 04-15-2014, 11:45 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by dr_whigham
I'm about to get around to building the C5.... Torn between the LT1-S, SC, or the regular "from scratch" stage 1 twin you guys have.

Having came from a Monster Stage 2 in the Camaro, and that clutch never giving an INCH, coupled with your customer service, it's a no brainer, really.

Will the LT1-S take a nitrous hit? What about the stage 1 twin?
The LT1-S will handle a small shot and is what I would recommend as it'll have better longevity than the "motorsport" Level 1 twin, appreciate the kind words
Old 04-15-2014, 02:13 PM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by SNLPerformance
The LT1-S will handle a small shot and is what I would recommend as it'll have better longevity than the "motorsport" Level 1 twin, appreciate the kind words
As in 150 small?

The 500 dollar rebuild every two years is so hard to pass up... Decisions decisions...
Old 04-16-2014, 12:04 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by dr_whigham
As in 150 small?

The 500 dollar rebuild every two years is so hard to pass up... Decisions decisions...
Yes as long as you're not spraying it out of the hole on slicks with the clutch half engaged
Old 04-17-2014, 08:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I kind of wish I would've waited to get one of these instead of a Monster stg 3. This seems like it would be an awesome clutch.
Old 04-17-2014, 08:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

Cant go wrong with any Monster. Never saw a clutch take a repeated beating like they will.
Old 03-30-2015, 01:53 PM
On The Tree

How is the clutch holding up?

Quick Reply: Monster LT1-S installed!!!!