Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Using a TR6060 in a F-Body with a slip yoke adaptor

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2014, 10:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,499 Likes on 935 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

I think this contraption will break as soon as you hit it hard and get traction, but I applaud you for trying. It's also cool that you guys are playing with these cars over there (where exactly are you? LOL)

Andrew
Old 12-06-2014, 10:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Andrew Thank you for your participation in this discussion, this is in Bahrain which is in the middle east close to the UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, I took it out for a spin hit the highway speedometer was finally working, at cruise doing 120 to 140 kmh it was absolutely smooth even with a shortened unbalanced steel driveshaft but you are right when I got traction something let go if it is the welded mainshaft that let go there is a way around it ,to make a duplicate of this part which is the 4L60E mainshaft welded to the flange make a solid one piece replica of this from either stainless steel or hardened steel , anyway I don't know if that is what let go I'll get the car on a lift tomorow and check it out.
Old 12-10-2014, 10:43 AM

Ok everybody the idea is a failure, there is a way it can work but I seriously can't be bothered I want to drive my car again it's been out of action for too long I'm going to order a CV driveshaft from the driveshaft shop, I have a BMR body mounted torque arm and I have been using the remote mounted shifter for 2 years I have been driving the car for 2 years but with an aluminium non CV shaft I won't name the brand but I didn't like it, it had vibration issues, I spoke to Frank from the Driveshaft shop and he says those shafts have vibration issues, anyway the only way my idea will work is if you make a 4L60E mainshaft be as one piece with the flange like make a cast copy and harden the metal because other then the weld breakage it was smooth as silk even with an unbalanced shortened steel driveshaft.
Old 12-10-2014, 11:23 AM
TECH Senior Member

LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Originally Posted by AdelAseeri
Ok everybody the idea is a failure, there is a way it can work but I seriously can't be bothered I want to drive my car again it's been out of action for too long I'm going to order a CV driveshaft from the driveshaft shop, I have a BMR body mounted torque arm and I have been using the remote mounted shifter for 2 years I have been driving the car for 2 years but with an aluminium non CV shaft I won't name the brand but I didn't like it, it had vibration issues, I spoke to Frank from the Driveshaft shop and he says those shafts have vibration issues, anyway the only way my idea will work is if you make a 4L60E mainshaft be as one piece with the flange like make a cast copy and harden the metal because other then the weld breakage it was smooth as silk even with an unbalanced shortened steel driveshaft.
Make sure you get the new billet CV slip yoke:

Andrew
Old 12-10-2014, 11:49 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

why wont it work? did it fail? what was the issue? and so are you now just going to toss the 4l60 peice you had on there and run the stock 6060 yoke
Old 12-11-2014, 02:32 AM

Originally Posted by Project GatTagO
Make sure you get the new billet CV slip yoke:

Andrew
Can you explain to me what this CV slip yoke is?
Old 12-11-2014, 02:43 AM

Redbird it didn't work because the 4L60E mainshaft that I welded on to the flange broke, the weld broke look there is a way it can work because other then this breakage the idea worked there was no vibration and the speedometer was working but the only way this idea will work is if you weld the 4L60E mainshaft back to the flange again and make a cast copy out of it and then harden the metal or use stainless steel that way it becomes a one piece part instead of 2 parts welded together it can be done but I seriously can't be bothered anymore there are drag races happening over here and there is a standing mile event happening in Qatar called the Qatar mile I really want to get it back in action.
Old 12-11-2014, 07:38 AM
TECH Senior Member

LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Originally Posted by AdelAseeri
Can you explain to me what this CV slip yoke is?
That's a 27 spline CV slip yoke that Frank makes.

Andrew

Quick Reply: Using a TR6060 in a F-Body with a slip yoke adaptor