Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

finally got my monster lt1-s installed

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2015, 08:00 PM
12 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Default finally got my monster lt1-s installed

well after having it sitting around for a few weeks I finally got it installed Friday by a shop. I previously had a McLeod rst which gave me problems from the get go. I can't fully blame McLeod since I bought the clutch used however when I installed it looked almost brand new but gave me various issues. It never disengaged correctly even after I bought a tick master, which helped but it still acted up. It would often times get stuck in gear at low speeds due to not disengaging and because of this many times my car would want to cut off at a stop unless I yanked it out of gear. But anyway onto the lt1-s, so far this clutch is great. The shop that installed it was highly impressed with it and they have installed many different clutches in ls powered cars. Right away I noticed how much harder it grabbed then my old McLeod unit yet it can still easily be slipped for normal driving. There is no chatter and my car finally drives like it is supposed to. Overall I am very happy with this clutch and the guys at monster were great to deal with
Old 02-16-2015, 02:09 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by quiet_storm98
well after having it sitting around for a few weeks I finally got it installed Friday by a shop. I previously had a McLeod rst which gave me problems from the get go. I can't fully blame McLeod since I bought the clutch used however when I installed it looked almost brand new but gave me various issues. It never disengaged correctly even after I bought a tick master, which helped but it still acted up. It would often times get stuck in gear at low speeds due to not disengaging and because of this many times my car would want to cut off at a stop unless I yanked it out of gear. But anyway onto the lt1-s, so far this clutch is great. The shop that installed it was highly impressed with it and they have installed many different clutches in ls powered cars. Right away I noticed how much harder it grabbed then my old McLeod unit yet it can still easily be slipped for normal driving. There is no chatter and my car finally drives like it is supposed to. Overall I am very happy with this clutch and the guys at monster were great to deal with
Awesome to hear that you are enjoying your Monster!! Keep us updated and feel free to post some videos of your Monster in action.

Quick Reply: finally got my monster lt1-s installed