Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch options for LS/nv3500?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2015, 02:57 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Clutch options for LS/nv3500?

Ive read all the how to threads up and down. I already have a sachs 1050 flywheel on my motor. Im wondering if anyones found a clutch thats not $600+ dollars thats any better than a stocker from the 4.8/5spd application?

The centerforce for the application is $600+ and back ordered

The ram clutch is a factory replacement quality after speaking with them

I can obviously get a LUK replacement but was wondering if there was anything stronger. The clutch from a 6.0/nv4500 truck actually lists as having a smaller diameter disc, but I would think it would have to be a stronger clutch considering the application is a 2500HD with a good towing rating.

Ive ran SBC clutches in this application before and always seem to get screwed over on the pressure plate height fighting the internal throwout bearing so that really scares me from just throwing a small block clutch in it. Last time I had a street/strip Hayes SBC clutch in it I wound up having to space the bell back 1/4in to get it to engage. Then the internal throwout didnt have enough travel to get it to full disengage... Was a big waste of $350.

Im going to switch to a t56 down the road so Im really not interested in forking out the money for a centerforce or better.

Quick Reply: Clutch options for LS/nv3500?