Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch for SS Sedan 6MT

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2015, 10:21 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Clutch for SS Sedan 6MT

Im looking for a clutch for a big hp build we are working on for 2015 6MT Chevrolet SS Sedan w/ a custom Jackshaft 2300 maggie on a 6 bolt LSX block. This will still be a street car and needs good manners but with this blower and decent cubes we should see about 850 ft/lbs at the crank to start and then north of 1000 once the setup is dialed in. I believe the transmission is the MER T6060 with an LS7 style clutch, but not certain yet as we have not pulled the motor (waiting on blower to be finished).

The mcleod is rxt is probably what I'm leaning towards but need to figure out what the part numbers are for new and aftermarket. There doesn't seem to be too many ss sedans needing new clutches yet, go figure I'm the guy the tears into a car with 3k miles on it.

Last edited by thewrx; 09-18-2015 at 10:29 AM.
Old 09-18-2015, 03:14 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by thewrx
Im looking for a clutch for a big hp build we are working on for 2015 6MT Chevrolet SS Sedan w/ a custom Jackshaft 2300 maggie on a 6 bolt LSX block. This will still be a street car and needs good manners but with this blower and decent cubes we should see about 850 ft/lbs at the crank to start and then north of 1000 once the setup is dialed in. I believe the transmission is the MER T6060 with an LS7 style clutch, but not certain yet as we have not pulled the motor (waiting on blower to be finished).

The mcleod is rxt is probably what I'm leaning towards but need to figure out what the part numbers are for new and aftermarket. There doesn't seem to be too many ss sedans needing new clutches yet, go figure I'm the guy the tears into a car with 3k miles on it.
I would recommend the Monster LT1-S Triple disc. Its rated for 1000RWHP/TQ, and it drives like a stock clutch.

Here's a link to the same clutch for the G8, since I do not have a section for the SS yet. The cars are basically the same setup on the trans.

http://monsterclutches.com/g8-gxp/g8...product_id=398

Give us a shout if you have any questions. (817-750-2000)

Quick Reply: Clutch for SS Sedan 6MT