Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Help choosing clutch, and a few more T56 questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2015, 08:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help choosing clutch, and a few more T56 questions

Hi everyone,

My T56 showed up in the mail for my swap, and I've got a few questions after looking at it.

1. What is the best clutch to use? The car is a dedicated drift car (meaning launches, clutch kicks, hard downshifts, and high revs). The engine (ls6) is stock for now but planning on s/c once warranty expires. I don't care how it drives on the street, (although it will be driven to occasional meets) I just want something that can handle the abusive life it will see in a drift car.

2. The stock clutch/flywheel assembly is insanely heavy. I also noticed it is a dual mass flywheel. What needs to be done to convert to a lightweight regular style flywheel? I am looking at the Comp Clutch 4173-1620 paired with Comp Flywheel 2-LS1-STU, however I am not even sure these will work as they are listed for an LS1 and not an LS6.

3. Am I ok to just unscrew the quick disconnect line flare at the slave cylinder and replace it with a stainless steel line?

4. Somewhere along the line the connector end for the reverse lockout solenoid got broken. The male pins are still there though. Does it even need hooked up? I can shift it into reverse on the floor with a little bit of effort.

I think that's it for now, i'll add more as I think of it.

Thanks!
Old 10-30-2015, 09:09 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We've got a TON of drift guys using our setups, give us a shout and we'll get you taken care of.

Quick Reply: Help choosing clutch, and a few more T56 questions