Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

failing master cylinder or..?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2015, 09:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default failing master cylinder or..?

hey guys, my clutch has been acting strange.. sometimes when i hop in my car to drive to work ill virtually have half the pedal i normally do, and it wants to let out on the floor (but doesnt roll with the clutch in when i rev it) then out of the blue it will randomly start working fine and have no slack in the clutch at all.. it seems like it wants to do this early in the morning because i can work a 10 hour shift and hop in it and its fine? this has aggravated me to death cause its not consistent at all.. ive also noticed the slack will dissappear while idling but when im driving down the road my pedal will have about an inch or more of slack.. any help is appreciated guys!
Old 11-12-2015, 10:12 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Three things control clutch pedal consistency: the master cylinder, the slave cylinder and the pressure plate.

Have you tried putting a fresh bleed on the system?
Old 11-12-2015, 03:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i havent, thanks for the reply! i didnt think this was a bleeding issue because it is 100% fine half of the time.. the fluid is full and clean as a pen.. but im not very familiar with hydraulic clutches so i will definitely take an hour and bleed the system when i can.

Quick Reply: failing master cylinder or..?