Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Hose popped off the slave and pedal got stuck up

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2015, 05:41 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Hose popped off the slave and pedal got stuck up

So I was driving normal down the road and went to shift into 4th and pedal was stuck completely in up position. I pulled off as far down the road as I could get and almost made it home about a mile away. Tried breaking the remote bleader loose and still didn't move. I had it towed by a buddy who's shop I just left. Easy enough luckily not stranded somewhere else. Looked this morning the line popped out the slave. I noticed the way I had the line routed it was tight getting back on the slave. Routed it with a little less slack and popped back in. Thought it was weird it happened at all once it was connected and I've put easily 500mi on it since it all went back together. Anyways I bled it which took forever until I thought it felt back to normal. I noticed driving it now it grinded going into 5th and also downshifting into 3rd even worse. I tried bleading again twice and no luck. Setup is tick master,remote bleeder and new GM slave. Single disc clutch also. All parts have less than 1600mi and tick master around 500mi. Everything was fine before the hose coming off incident. Clutch just wasnt holding in 4th on dyno so no big pulls. I could try adjusting the tick maybe for more movement. Any help would be great. Would like to finish my season up before winter. It was 60 today!
Old 12-20-2015, 12:36 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Trued adjusting tick for a little more travel with no luck. Just seems weird why after i bled it the same way as when i first did it, im not having any luck. Still grinds in a 3rd down shift and 5th up shift. I can slowly downshift under 2000 rpms. I also blip the throttle when I down shift in anything above 2k. Ive been skipping these gears when possible so i dont mess them up.

Quick Reply: Hose popped off the slave and pedal got stuck up