Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

clutch pedal sticks halfway (at engagement point) after tick MC install

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2016, 04:22 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default clutch pedal sticks halfway (at engagement point) after tick MC install

I installed a Tick master cylinder a couple years ago, as well as a Monster clutch. I left the clutch pedal return spring in, and never had an issue until recently. Now the clutch pedal sticks right at where the engagement point is, and then springs up randomly.

I have gotten used to the spring, so I don't want to remove it. Will a new spring solve this? I also can't find any clear directions on how to remove/install a new one.
Old 03-27-2016, 04:29 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 87 Likes on 78 Posts

IDK or have the Tick MC....but read this about the spring

post #7

https://ls1tech.com/forums/manual-tr...questions.html

apparently in the Tick instructions it says to remove it...or so says the thread
Old 03-27-2016, 09:07 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ******
IDK or have the Tick MC....but read this about the spring

post #7

https://ls1tech.com/forums/manual-tr...questions.html

apparently in the Tick instructions it says to remove it...or so says the thread
Thanks for the reply.

I know that some people leave the spring in, although Tick recommends removing it. It's easier for me, with size 13, usually heavy shoes, to be able to lightly rest my foot on the clutch pedal before shifting, and know that I'm not riding the clutch or slightly pressing on the master cylinder.

Now I remember there were instructions on how to remove the spring, that were included with the Tick MC. I'll call them tomorrow and ask if they can send me that. Then maybe put a new spring in. If they don't mind me sharing the instructions here, I'll upload them to this thread.
Old 03-27-2016, 10:37 PM
Launching!

It's pretty easy to get out of there. Just a flat head screwdriver if I remember correctly. Just pops out.
Old 03-28-2016, 09:41 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Mike TA
It's pretty easy to get out of there. Just a flat head screwdriver if I remember correctly. Just pops out.
Yeah, I was over-thinking it. I checked the instructions, on the listing at Tick's website, and it says about the same:
"It can be easily removed by prying it loose with a screwdriver."

I decided to try one more time to leave the spring in, so I adjusted the MC so the pedal sits a little higher, and the pedal is not getting stuck now. If I run into the same issue, I'll remove the spring.

Quick Reply: clutch pedal sticks halfway (at engagement point) after tick MC install