Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Master Cylinder to Slave Disconnect: Help

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2016, 03:22 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Master Cylinder to Slave Disconnect: Help

Finally getting around to swapping to a Tick master and cannot get this line off. I've tried the GM disconnect tool that came with the master, screwdrivers, needle nose pliers, and even bought an A/C fuel line disconnect tool that I found in a thread on this site.

The white ring appears to be depressed all the way around the fitting and this line will not budge. I have messed with this for a couple of hours and not sure what to do next. I don't care if I destroy the master line since it's getting trashed anyway but I don't want to damage the slave connection. I would like to avoid dropping the transmission.

What else can I try? I have searched and read pretty much every thread on this topic and don't know what to try next.
Old 04-10-2016, 04:09 PM

Received 1,835 Likes on 1,145 Posts

My daughter's white plastic thing on her camaro was boogared up really bad. She had to push in on the line (not pull out) while I forced the screwdrivers in and it eventually pushed it off. One it starts to move your assistant has to let it move.
Old 04-10-2016, 04:15 PM
TECH Regular

I ran across these in some other threads. I wonder if I can use this to depress the white plastic thing further

http://www.autozone.com/collision-bo...ng/103017_0_0/
Old 04-20-2016, 09:30 AM
TECH Apprentice

I used a plastic fuel line disconnect tool with mine. I depressed the white thing all the way and pushed really hard while rocking the line back and forth, which eventually got the line to release.

Quick Reply: Master Cylinder to Slave Disconnect: Help