Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch Questoins Please Help.

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2004, 01:31 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch Questoins Please Help.

I have a 2000 Trans Am, M6. 51k miles on the car. clutch slips like hell.

I'm gonna buy a spec stage III & Billet Flywheel and I guess an 01-02 slave cyl.

Can i do the drill mod on my car? or can you only do the drill mod on the mcleod adjustable master?

I searched the forums, and have seen more negative about the mcleod adj master... I called Thunder Racing, and the guy told me taht if i dont spend the $250 on the adjustable mecleod master than i will have nothing but problemes.

will the drill mod help me on my stock GM master cyl? this is already costing me way more than i wanted to spend, so obiously the less stuff that i have to buy the better.

Thanks in advance for you advice.
Old 06-17-2004, 02:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

The drill mod will help on the stock master. If after everything is installed, if the clutch does not fully engage (ie, the release portion of the stroke reaches all the way to the top of the pedal travel and still needs to go some more) then you will need to get an adjustable master.
Old 06-18-2004, 10:17 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by rushman
The drill mod will help on the stock master. If after everything is installed, if the clutch does not fully engage (ie, the release portion of the stroke reaches all the way to the top of the pedal travel and still needs to go some more) then you will need to get an adjustable master.
Thanks for the info rushman!