Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

help with mounting lm7/ls1 to muncie in non gm car

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2016, 12:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help with mounting lm7/ls1 to muncie in non gm car

Im new to posting on forums but Ive read on a lot of forums. So first my project before I get to my question. I rebuilt a junkyard lm7 carbureted. the car that it i am swapping this into is a 1982 porsche 924 (2300lb car) this was a transaxle car so the only transmission that the torque tube tunnel can be beat to fit is a muncie 4 speed and the rear differential that Ive already swapped is a vw touareg fully locking rear diff with 4.56 gears.($300 dollars delivered and most of them have 3.70 but ill live with the 4.56s that i got) so no why not t56
My questions.
I already have an ls1 11" clutch disc (muncie input is also 26sp) and pressure plate. do I need an lt pressure plate for the 621 bell housing or will the ls1 plate do fine?
the clutch linkage is obviously non existent in the non gm car. how can I adapt this clutch fork to my vehicle? i know there is a hydraulic one but its kinda expensive and i would have to get a new master cylinder i have the 1998 camaro master which is not in the car yet. i am hoping there is a cheaper option.
Old 08-30-2016, 08:31 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts

All the parts you'll need for LS/Muncie.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...-ls-motor.html
As for the clutch, I suspect you'll need to go hydraulic.

Quick Reply: help with mounting lm7/ls1 to muncie in non gm car