Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

act clutch ( T2S-G01 T1S-G01 )

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2017, 06:46 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default act clutch ( T2S-G01 T1S-G01 )

Does anyone have any experience with these clutches. From what im told they are very streetable. I would like any insight into chatter, pedal pressure, and smooth release or on/off switch.

Im looking more at the act T2S-G01 since it is more in the power range i will be making

T2S-G01 970ft/lb
T1S-G01 875ft/lb
Old 07-11-2017, 01:24 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was running the T2S-F03 which is their Ford version of that clutch with a T56 for 2yrs, I put over 7000 miles on it and when pulled the motor last fall I noticed the bottom disc inner 1/3rd was not making contact with the FW or the floater plate. the upper disc was making full contact.

It wasn't slipping on the street but I hadn't tracked it on slicks so I have no idea if it would've slipped.

I have no idea what the pedal effort is like on the LS cars but it is a tad firmer than a stock Ford clutch,, but no where near as heavy as some of those extreme pressure single disc clutches I've ran. It was easy to drive in traffic.

When sitting beside people in traffic you can hear a little rattle and it does have a bit of a whoooosing sound but not over bearing.

I have a late model Mustang with a TVS and hitting it with a healthy shot of gas so I installed a set of the ACT ceramic disc's when the new motor went in and that thing is noisy as fuuk, The ceramic discs are a bit more of a challenge to drive ... It has a pronounced metallic screech and groans when granny shifting gears .. It's loud when sitting in traffic, You need to bang through the gears if you don't want to hear it.

But this sucker holds the power, I cut a 1.35 60' Friday night off a 6000rpm clutch dump.

It's a very good clutch for the money as you get the light weight FW. the Mcleod would run $300 more to get a FW.

Old 07-11-2017, 08:27 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for posting. It seems there arent many ls guys running this clutch. I think im going to take the plunge and try it out. Hopefully ill have only stellar reviews for it after ive driven it for a while.
Old 07-11-2017, 10:33 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 87 Likes on 78 Posts

From what I see there are more using the Monster or McLeod Twin. The Act $ is lower.

I have never used the Act one. Have the McLeod Twin
Old 07-12-2017, 05:21 AM
9 Second Club

Received 179 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by youguessit
Does anyone have any experience with these clutches. From what im told they are very streetable. I would like any insight into chatter, pedal pressure, and smooth release or on/off switch.

Im looking more at the act T2S-G01 since it is more in the power range i will be making

T2S-G01 970ft/lb
T1S-G01 875ft/lb
I used their twin organic for a few years, and pushed more power through it than it was rated for. It did drive totally like a standard clutch would, albeit with a heavier pedal.

However, over time the clutch started dragging, and adjusting the floater stops as per instructions did not work. I needed to adjust in-situ with pedal depressed to try and get both discs free.
This was mostly apparent trying to change gear. Upshifts werent usually too bad, but some downshifts became very difficult ( never any crunching though, it just simply would not shift. I rebuilt the box and this helped for a short time...and eventually I had it faceplated. But it was apparent the clutch was the main issue. I must build it up again on the bench and test it to see if the fault is actually the cover itself. )

Now mine is not an OEM fitment as far as car/engine/box goes, so whether this issue over time was related to my install, or a common thing to happen I dont know. I may have been over-extending the slave which might hurt the cover over time.

I did stop using the clutch last year after it started slipping, but as said, it held well beyond it's quoted rating for some time so I was perfectly ok with that. The clutch never seen hard launches at a drag strip though but it was never bought with that in mind.
It was bought as I had little intention of visiting a proper strip, but more airfields and road use ( simply arent any drag strips anywhere near me ). And it was great for this.

And these clutches do not rattle when the pedal is depressed because of the strapped floater design.

Given their price, I'm surprised more people dont use them, as they are bloody good value. I had the T2 and when I bought it it was rated at 875, they seem to have increased their ratings a few years ago to what you're quoting.

Given the problems I've had with the clutch I replaced it with...I almost wish I'd just gone for one of the ACT twin cerametallic's !

Quick Reply: act clutch ( T2S-G01 T1S-G01 )