Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

New fw, clutch chatter issue w/ pedal to floor

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2017, 08:49 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New fw, clutch chatter issue w/ pedal to floor

Can anyone help me figure this out? Im wondering if it could be a compatibilty issue as summit techs were no help.
Setup:
New 383 internally balanced, got a new fidanza 198581 flywheel, used my old centerforce df clutch which had a new disk and no issues last time my car was on the road ('09)..had the t56 rebuilt and beefed up in '06

While at idle in neutral you can just barely hear and feel a slight kick in the stick about 2x a min. When i push the clutch pedal to the floor its like the throw out bearing is pushing everything to far and you can hear and feel the contact. My buddy shimmed it as much as possible for me which helped but still having this issue. Also theres alot more heat than i remember in the ds tunnel..
Tia
Old 08-17-2017, 01:20 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 98 Likes on 89 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by z_speedfreak
New 383 internally balanced, got a new fidanza 198581 flywheel, used my old centerforce df clutch which had a new disk and no issues last time my car was on the road ('09)..had the t56 rebuilt and beefed up in '06

Tia
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/fiz-198581

If the above link is correct in describing that FW it has a weight on it for "external" balanced motor which I assumed you removed for your "internal" balanced motor (common on 383)

Maybe your used clutch disc and or PP is slightly worn uneven and now against a "new" FW you are experiencing the vibe feedback

Have you confirmed you get complete clutch disengagement?

jack up rear end, put car in gear, engine running, with clutch pedal all the way down...do rear tires move?
Old 08-17-2017, 03:02 PM
jmd
TECH Addict

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

new flywheel surface plus used pressure plate surface equals problem. Both need to start new, or newly machined together. Used disk is fine.
Old 08-24-2017, 04:23 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jmd
new flywheel surface plus used pressure plate surface equals problem. Both need to start new, or newly machined together. Used disk is fine.
thats def what it was, made sense after reading so i reved it up and let the clutch slip til I could smell it, problem solved😂

Quick Reply: New fw, clutch chatter issue w/ pedal to floor