Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

T-56 Magnum Parts needed ASAP

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2018, 04:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default T-56 Magnum Parts needed ASAP

The last time at the track about a month ago I remember the trans came out of second gear a couple times but I was having clutch issues so I didn’t give it another thought. After I go home I pulled the trans and clutch and the car has been sitting until I got it back together and drove it today. I noticed the shifter was very sloppy and it would not stay in any gear unless I held it. Got back home and there was trans fluid everywhere. Got under the car and found the shift rail detent roller, spring and bolt are missing from the top of the adapter plate.

Does anyone know where I can get these parts? Tomorrow I will call The Gearbox and Tremec if I have too. Any help is appreciated!

Old 06-03-2018, 05:16 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 598 Likes on 413 Posts

More sources the better....

D&D Performance
RPM Tranmissions
Tick Performance
Midwest tranmission center
Old 06-03-2018, 09:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks.
Old 06-05-2018, 11:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Well, yesterday I called The Gearbox and he had the bolt but not the spring. He told me Rockland Standard Gear is one of the largest Tremec parts distributors so I called them and talked to Cindy. Only after overcoming nomenclature specifics did I get any help, I told her I had a T56 Magnum and she said she had been doing her job for 25 yrs and it’s either a T56 or a 6060. I knew or thought a 6060 was an OEM trans but I didn’t know a 6060 was a Magnum. When I said T56 Magnum she didn’t compromise at all. It was one or the other. In 25 years working in a transmission parts office she could not differentiate so that waisted a lot of time. I finally asked for George (the boss), who I have communicated with several times and a professional that will go way out of his way to help the common guy. She said, “well it’s 5:20 so you’ll have to leave a voicemail and he’ll get back to you.” George me called at 5:39 pm with the parts book in hand. He found what I needed and told me to call back in the morning and Cindy would get the parts ordered for me. I called first thing this morning, left a VM for Cindy, never got a return call just an email telling me to call her to which I replied with my phone number. I called again at 12 pm and was told she is at lunch until 1pm. ��
Old 06-05-2018, 11:54 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 598 Likes on 413 Posts

That sucks!! Have you tried any of those companies I listed in my first post?
I forgot go mention T&B tranmission.
Old 06-05-2018, 12:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tuskyz28
That sucks!! Have you tried any of those companies I listed in my first post?
I forgot go mention T&B tranmission.
I finally got Cindy on the phone and George had sent her an email with the part numbers for 1) detent roller, 2) spring and 3) plug for a total of $53. I told Cindy I only need the spring and plug because the detent roller was still in place. She informed me that there is a $25 minimum order amount and argues that George wanted me to also buy the dentent roller otherwise he would not have looked up the part number. Well, I don’t want to pay $40 something I may never need so I asked for a T-shirt which they dont have so she says she can sell me a transfer case seal! That’s when I asked for another sales person and Karen called me back in about one minute, told me she may be able to find the parts in the shop otherwise she will have to get them from the warehouse and ship tomorrow. Karen was very pleasant to talk to and very helpful. Cindy was no help at all.