Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Automatic to manual 4L80E

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2018, 04:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Automatic to manual 4L80E

I'm wanting to put a 4L80E in my 1977 c10 Chevy. My truck is set up for a carborater. And all tranny I'm trying to use is all electric. How do I convert it over to manual just using my computer amd harness wiring instead of buying a manual control box? I need the ends and outs on hooking this tranny up. Please help.
Old 10-10-2018, 11:17 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As far as i know there are two and a half ways to do it without modifying the internal harness or opening the trans at all.
all options run full line pressure..

this guide i used for my manual 4l80e only i connected the wires externally by figuring out what pins went from the internal to external harness and just connected the wires to each other externally.

http://www.atra.com/Gears/2015/2015-03/2015_3_32.pdf

I did not do the pump modifications so it clunks into reverse because full line pressure.

then there is the option of using switches to control what shift solenoid has power like this guy

The same thing can be done just using the sifter to control the switches not your hands. this guy used a 4l60e but its the seam idea as the 80e just check find a wiring diagram to make sure wires go where they need to go.

there are also some magic black box manual controllers that do the same thing on the market.