Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Shift issues after LS7 Clutch/PP/Flywheel install

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2019, 05:53 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1,786 Likes on 1,293 Posts

Sounds like the slave is not doing its job.
Old 02-26-2019, 06:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 01CamaroSSTx
Sounds like the slave is not doing its job.
That's what I'm figuring, but if I buy a new one, that won't be the problem. If I don't buy one, that'll be the issue.
Old 02-26-2019, 06:45 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1,786 Likes on 1,293 Posts

Originally Posted by Hiro
That's what I'm figuring, but if I buy a new one, that won't be the problem. If I don't buy one, that'll be the issue.
Have you been able to see if the throw out bearing is applying enough pressure to the pressure plate while somebody pushes in on the clutch?
Old 02-26-2019, 06:59 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 01CamaroSSTx
Have you been able to see if the throw out bearing is applying enough pressure to the pressure plate while somebody pushes in on the clutch?
I'm not sure how to see if it's pushing it out "enough". I feel like if it weren't pushing it out enough, shouldn't it be grinding or not engaging in ANY gear? Is there a difference in the amount of release required per gear? Right now it goes in 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th with minor resistance (more than I'd like, though). 5th is difficult, 6th is difficult, and reverse grinds. Is there more fluid required to push the slave for the higher gears/reverse? I don't think there is, but now I'm starting to question everything I thought I knew. Right now, the torque arm and driveshaft are out. Sometime this week I'll drop the transmission and see if anything sticks out at me.