Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch and flywheel recommendations...

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2020, 11:29 AM
Staging Lane

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Question Clutch and flywheel recommendations...

'73 Camaro, LS427/570, T56 Super Magnum. Probably going to use a QuickTime bell housing. Still gotta figure out the clutch and flywheel. Plan is track days and daily driving. What are you guys running on your cars with similar applications? What clutches and flywheels would you recommend I research? Any and all recommendations and feedback are very much welcomed.
Old 12-02-2020, 12:45 PM
Staging Lane

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Some of the recommendations I'm getting are for the Centerforce dual friction kits or DYAD DS kits. Any thoughts on these?
Old 12-09-2020, 01:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 251 Likes on 175 Posts

Alot is based on personal experiences. I have done many monster twin discs for guys and really like them. I only ever bought one McLeod and it was for my sons car and was an absolute nightmare. Whereas a good friend owns a shop and hasn't had any real bad issues with McLeod and installs them frequently. Others have used ACT, Ram, etc etc and had good and bad luck no matter the brand.

I recently installed a triple disc in my sons car and so far really happy with it. There's a thread down the line here where I posted an initial review. But break open the wallet for a triple disc

But at a minimum, twin disc. Soft pedal feel and holds good amount of power.

Quick Reply: Clutch and flywheel recommendations...