Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

2000 WS6 not going into gear

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2024, 10:43 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 WS6 not going into gear

A few months ago I changed my clutch master cylinder with a LuK one as well as the drill mod. I drove it home perfectly fine with some better bleeding needed. I decided to try the mightyvac method and when I was doing it I heard a faint “pop” sound which sounded like it came from the trans. I was able to get a lot of air bubbles out but when I started it, it would not go into any gear while running. It goes into all gears while off though. When I try to put it in gear while it is running it tries to move forward. I decided to jack up the rear and try putting it is gear and it went into all gears while running and in the air but the wheels would spin while pressing the clutch pedal. However, only when I was not pressing on the brake. I put the car back down and same problem persisted. After this we pushed it to the garage and removed the clutch line to see if the new master was holding pressure and it was so that isn’t the issue. We bled the line and then the trans until it was nice and firm and it still won’t go into gear so it is not a bleeding issue. Could the mightyvac really have broke the clutch or the throwout bearing? I feel there should be some simple explanation as this is an odd situation. I will try to include a couple of videos. Thanks for any help as I am a broke college student and not able to afford the $1400 if it is needing a new clutch
https://youtube.com/shorts/C9vbVQlar-Y?si=SYUNp10oiAu3oV4I
Old 04-23-2024, 07:37 AM
On The Tree

Do you have an adjustable master? Looks to me like the slave is keeping the clutch from disengaging. Exactly what mine was doing when it went bad, bleeding helped but it always dragged a bit and kept it from going into gear easy.
Old 04-23-2024, 08:36 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by sandman2100
Do you have an adjustable master? Looks to me like the slave is keeping the clutch from disengaging. Exactly what mine was doing when it went bad, bleeding helped but it always dragged a bit and kept it from going into gear easy.
I do not no, I couldn’t afford the Tick master.
Old 04-23-2024, 08:41 AM
On The Tree

that was my issue, ended up being the slave leaking a bit.
Old 04-23-2024, 08:49 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by sandman2100
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyTGyhdmFyY

that was my issue, ended up being the slave leaking a bit.
that is what I am concerned about is if the slave broke somehow. I know it is best to replace the clutch while they are there so it would mean more money. The brake situation is throwing me off though. I find it so odd that the mightyvac caused whatever issue this is.

Quick Reply: 2000 WS6 not going into gear