Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

t56 trans crossmembers

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2024, 12:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default t56 trans crossmembers

is there a difference between the t56 transmission crossmembers from the early fourth gen f-body(93-97) and late models, also would the v6 (t5?) transmission crossmember work on a v8? you see i live in south Florida and used/junked cars are typically sent to the opalocka scrap yards that don't care if a car is rare or not and will shred it or charge like 3000 just for the trans nothing else, and they also don't let you pull or see the parts yourself, the LKQ near me is the only self service junkyard that i could potentially get parts from but its the only one. just trying to do a (somewhat) cheap manual swap on my ws6 so getting used parts is a must
Old 06-13-2024, 08:54 PM
TECH Resident

Received 111 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by treebird
is there a difference between the t56 transmission crossmembers from the early fourth gen f-body(93-97) and late models, also would the v6 (t5?) transmission crossmember work on a v8? you see i live in south Florida and used/junked cars are typically sent to the opalocka scrap yards that don't care if a car is rare or not and will shred it or charge like 3000 just for the trans nothing else, and they also don't let you pull or see the parts yourself, the LKQ near me is the only self service junkyard that i could potentially get parts from but its the only one. just trying to do a (somewhat) cheap manual swap on my ws6 so getting used parts is a must
I was able to use my LT1 T56 relocation crossmember on my LS swapped ‘96 TA.

Quick Reply: t56 trans crossmembers