Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch pedal broke.

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2004, 01:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unhappy Clutch pedal broke.

Luckily my car's still under warranty.

On friday in walmart parking lot I hit the clutch and it made a loud metallic pop sound and then it was all the way to the floor. A local dealer set up a tow and a shuttle for myself, my son, and his mother. They said they would look at it monday, and set me up with a free rental car. So I've been rolling four banger grandam all weekend. But yesterday when I was at work they called and left a message saying it was done and that it was the clutch rod. Before I bought the car I checked GM's vehicle history on it and the clutch pedal assembly had been serviced once before this. I figured the first time was maybe just an error in assembly but now this happened so I thought I'd ask what you guys thought or if any of you had this happen before?

BTW, I went by the dealership to "pick up my CD's" out of my car but when I did I left a note saying I grabbed them and also checked my mileage. Then Ive gone by there to make sure it was on the lot this weekend. All is well, today it is sitting out front of service waiting for me to get her tomorrow.
Old 11-22-2004, 09:59 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm doing mine right now too and yes, my clutch rod has the same stupid problem. It's made of two peices - an solid pushrod into the master and a tube to the peddle linkage. The tube is crimped onto the rod with two simple crimps and mine has loosened enough to move about 1/4 inch back and forth. I've never seen such a poor peice of engineering. They must have flunked engineers working in that department and I hope they've never been on a design team for buildings or planes. Give it a spot weld or better yet, check the thread on making it adjustable. Anything and everything has gone wrong with my clutch - all at once it seems too.

cmac