Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

What does this means?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2003, 09:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What does this means?

Today my clutch engages early unlike before and its getting really hard to shift between gears. The tranny is fighting me. Before it was very smooth and easy going. What could this be? Please help.
Old 09-12-2003, 12:46 AM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Re: What does this means?

does it happen at all rpms or just at WOT and is it on up shifts and down shifts.

my clutch seems like it doesnt want to disengage at WOT and from my research on here i think its the hydrolics.
Old 09-12-2003, 01:41 AM
TECH Addict

does it happen at all rpms or just at WOT and is it on up shifts and down shifts.

my clutch seems like it doesnt want to disengage at WOT and from my research on here i think its the hydrolics.
It happens everywhere. When i want to shift to 1st while im stopped. 2nd, 3rd, 2nd, 1st all speeds. Its something new. Even the engagment of the clutch changed since yesterday. The clutch became softer and the shifts became very harsh to the point its hard to shift!!
Old 09-12-2003, 10:56 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It happens everywhere. When i want to shift to 1st while im stopped. 2nd, 3rd, 2nd, 1st all speeds. Its something new. Even the engagment of the clutch changed since yesterday. The clutch became softer and the shifts became very harsh to the point its hard to shift!!
could be issues with the master cylinder or air in the lines :dunno:
Old 09-12-2003, 11:21 PM
TECH Addict

Today it got even worse. I couldnt get the gear into Reverse and even when my foot is planted on the clutch the car seemed to want to move when its in gear. I checked the clutch fluid and it was fine. The master cylinder were replaced a month ago with the clutch. So i dont know if thats the problem. The car was running fine for a month with the new clutch and master cylinder. What could be the problem???
Old 09-13-2003, 06:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe you need an adjustable MC, but i don't know why it would change all of a sudden like that. Just try to get it fixed fast because when your clutch doesn't disengage all the way like that it's real hard on your synchros. In the mean time double clutch when you downshift, match revs, etc.
Old 09-13-2003, 06:10 PM
TECH Addict

Maybe you need an adjustable MC, but i don't know why it would change all of a sudden like that. Just try to get it fixed fast because when your clutch doesn't disengage all the way like that it's real hard on your synchros. In the mean time double clutch when you downshift, match revs, etc.
I always match revs when i shift, but the weird thing is that it was fine for a whole month and it started doing this for no reason.
Old 11-12-2004, 12:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Did you ever solve this problem? Mine is acting similar now.
Old 11-23-2004, 02:31 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Toonz
Did you ever solve this problem? Mine is acting similar now.

Yes, after setting up the Master slave more than once... We noticed that its moving a little bit which was affecting the adjustments. So i did put a red lock tite on the Master slave rod the last time i did adjust it and never looked back. Its driving fine now, but i need a stronger clutch now to hold the power and weight of my car. I might go with STAR stage 4 ceramic unsprung clutch. Mighty Mouse is running it with 800rwhp+ and 3800lbs race weight with no problems. The Mcleod is biting hard now on the streets, but it just doesnt like to be run at the track on stikcy tires with the weight and power the car is making.