Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Which clutch should i get????

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2005, 05:26 PM
11 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by smokeum99ta
save your money and get one worth wild unless your to willing to throw anyway $300-400 . and if your mech. has a problem w/ that .take your business else where almost any trans shop can swap a clutch
I disagree. I've had zero problems and as long as I don't do very high rpm clutch dumps don't intend to. Once again I'll say this, I've been to the drag strip 5 times, and just got back from a 1500 mile road trip. I don't feel I threw my money away. When the Z clutch kit wears out I'll put another in myself unless I hit the lottery and can afford the high dollar less reliable ones.
If your really serious about drag racing, then obviously don't get one.
Old 12-31-2006, 10:30 PM
On The Tree

If your still wondering about the Zoom Clutches, I have heads from quite a few of our customers that they are actually a great bang for the buck. BTW, I work at NAPA, so if you have any questions about any fitting applications call your local NAPA and they can help you. Also, they do have a brand new LS1 ZOOM Clutch kit that is supposed to be meant for high HP applications. But, I personally have had any first hand experience so I can't give an opinion. I am thinking about either getting the New Zoom which retails for over 1000,(but not my cost) or if i can find a good deal, I'd rather get a Textralia.
Old 01-01-2007, 10:41 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by badazzta00
If your still wondering about the Zoom Clutches, I have heads from quite a few of our customers that they are actually a great bang for the buck. BTW, I work at NAPA, so if you have any questions about any fitting applications call your local NAPA and they can help you. Also, they do have a brand new LS1 ZOOM Clutch kit that is supposed to be meant for high HP applications. But, I personally have had any first hand experience so I can't give an opinion. I am thinking about either getting the New Zoom which retails for over 1000,(but not my cost) or if i can find a good deal, I'd rather get a Textralia.

Lmao. Yeah and that new ZOOM kit for ls1s is like 500 and some change at Advance where I work and get 20%. I forgot to reply when I got my new clucth a long time ago. I went with a Ram Powergrip Stage 2. Got it shipped from New Era Performance for around $350. Very good clutch as well as company. They apparently don't sell the Powergrip stage 2 anymore just the stage 3. On my next clutch i'm going to go with the stage 3. Don't get me wrong mine is stiff as hell but i'm used to it now. I was really impressed with this clutch btw. My buddy drove my car after the install and then he bought one for his LT1, T56 combo in his 69 Camaro and he loves it as well. I would definately suggest it. I put it in myself after I had my buddy rebuild my tranny. But thanks for the advice Badazzta00. You should check out Ram before making a decision though.
Old 04-18-2011, 11:48 AM
TECH Regular

if you put a zoom in there you will be pulling it apart in sooner than six months.

Quick Reply: Which clutch should i get????