Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

clutch this season...

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2005, 11:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default clutch this season...

So after sitting here reading up on clutches for about an hour, i've honestly made myself more confused on what to go w/. I was originally set on Spec III but i just read MULTIPLE posts on problems encountered w/ them. first off my setup right now is full exhaust, lid/filter, and a hole lot of suspension stuff to get rid of wheel hop. (deff. gonna get a 12bolt soon, then i'm looking NEXT season to do the ls6 intake, heads/cam, i figure i wont pass 450rwhp or torque in the next 2 years) so anyways, in my search i've seen so much more compliments and happy customers to the Ram powergrip HD and all the other ram setups...as opposed to spec so i'm a little bent on what i should go w/. Money is always an issue but ive decided to save the extra cash and get whatever is best instead of having to spend twice as much on a replacement to a p.o.s. So whats the latest news on "the new specs". I want a firmer pedal than stock, dont care about how firm, its not my daily driver...and i want obviously good grip w/ no slip lol. What do you guys think? TIA
Old 02-06-2005, 11:10 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my plan is to go with spec stg 4, ive read some good reviews on it and so far none of them have been bad.
Old 02-06-2005, 12:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

question in regards to the adjustable master cylinder that should go w/ the Ram Powergrip HD....if i get the adj. master...do i still need to upgrade to a 2001 GM slave cylinder?? or is the adj. master an upgrade FROM the slave cylinder??
Old 02-06-2005, 12:30 PM
10 Second Club

i ahve a ram race clutch/pressure plate in my 81 camaro 4 speed and the only time it slips is when its being sprayed otherwise i have about 420 hp and its great even when i use the line lock.
Old 02-06-2005, 01:29 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 99CamaroSS
question in regards to the adjustable master cylinder that should go w/ the Ram Powergrip HD....if i get the adj. master...do i still need to upgrade to a 2001 GM slave cylinder?? or is the adj. master an upgrade FROM the slave cylinder??
the master and slave are 2 different things. if you upgrade the master, you still need to upgrade the slave. i would do it all at once since it will be much easier to change a swap while you're doing a clutch install. someone correct me if i am wrong...