Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch Pedal Vibration :(

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2005, 04:59 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch Pedal Vibration :(

At the very top of the pedal on engage and disengages I can feel the pedal of my clutch stutter just a bit.. feels like a pulsing against my foot.. only if I hold it in an inch or so. It just started after the car was ran hard probaly 10 times in a day, with 1 track run.

Spec 3... updated hydraulics.

It engages fine... and seems to be fine.. other then that pulsing from the top of the pedal.
Old 02-20-2005, 05:14 PM
10 Second Club

I wouldn't worry about it. Does the tranny shake too or just the pedal? Does it work great other than that?
The spot you're hitting is probably the clutch barely grabbing and it's like a slight chatter. I would worry about it but I wouldn't keep doing that either. It's not good on the clutch. Try not to slip the clutch anymore than is necessary. Unless you enjoy buying and replacing new clutches.
Old 02-20-2005, 09:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Isn't that what Spec clutches do?
Spec is an on/off clutch, they don't like slipping.
Old 05-04-2016, 12:57 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SS346Ls1
At the very top of the pedal on engage and disengages I can feel the pedal of my clutch stutter just a bit.. feels like a pulsing against my foot.. only if I hold it in an inch or so. It just started after the car was ran hard probaly 10 times in a day, with 1 track run.

Spec 3... updated hydraulics.

It engages fine... and seems to be fine.. other then that pulsing from the top of the pedal.

I got a stock 2005 CTS-V w/ LS6 and I'm getting some sort of vibration out of the clutch pedal at idle with my foot just resting on the pedal.

My engine mounts and trans mounts were replaced approximately 18k miles ago. I wonder if they are starting to show mild signs of wear or if there is some other problem starting to show it's head like a water pump or harmonic balancer failing.
Old 05-04-2016, 05:09 PM

Received 1,851 Likes on 1,152 Posts

That's more like it! 11 years and 3 months!

You tryin to build up posts to sell in the classifieds?
Old 05-05-2016, 11:06 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Darth_V8r
That's more like it! 11 years and 3 months!

You tryin to build up posts to sell in the classifieds?
Nah, my V is falling apart as Minnesota goes from freezing *** cold to hot and humid. Never buy a V when it's 20 degrees out the day after a snow storm.

Now that I went out to the car again. The vibration is only when the pedal is compressed a half inch or so. I didn't realize how heavy my foot is when I rest on the clutch.

Old 05-17-2016, 07:53 AM
On The Tree

I had this same problem after my first install of my new monster clutch and tick master cylinder....needless to say i went through hell but I had some people suggest that it might not be a true flywheel even though i bought a new one...I asked Steve at Monster about the pulsing(mine would shake my whole leg) and he said it was not from the flywheel, which he was correct because after the second install of the same flywheel the pulsing was gone. So it was def something hydraulic related/clutch related. I can't pinpoint what was causing it, but I'm glad its gone. you can check out my thread on here, maybe you can take the information in my thread and add to it something you have found to pinpoint whats causing the pulsing. GL man !

my thread : https://ls1tech.com/forums/manual-tr...-question.html

Quick Reply: Clutch Pedal Vibration :(