Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch Pedal Sticks

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2005, 05:39 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Clutch Pedal Sticks

I dont know if this happens to anyone else but i want to see if there is a quick fix for this. This past Summer i put a spec 3 clutch in and McCleod adj. master in my car. Throughout the last month if i am stuck in traffic and hold the clutch in for too long it will stick halfway engaged/disengaged. I have to tap on the back of the pedal with my foot for the return spring to bring it back up the rest of the way. Is this a problem with my return spring or what? I am 95% sure that it is not a problem with air in the system, but it just seems to be the mechanics of the pedal under the dash. I didnt think that the return spring is bad, but then again i do suspect it alitttle bit. Remeber that this only happens if i hold it in for a longer amount of time. If i am moving and shifting down the road there is no problems at all with it. Stop signs are terrible and traffic is even worse.McCleod also said that their....ok bear with me... this is retarded. The adjustable master comes pre-adjusted, and they are not supposed to be adjusted. How dumb is that? then why the heck is it adjustable. It might be that i dont have it tweaked just right, but i tried several different times to get it to not do that. I dont understand why it hangs... any ideas?