Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Spec Stage 3 clutch NEED HELP !!!???!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2005, 01:37 PM
cam
TECH Junkie

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Well I'm trying something a little different. I'm putting a stage 3 disc between a stock pressure plate and flywheel. My budget has ballooned high on this swap so i just wanted something to run for this season and got a deal on the disc from a board member. Next year I was thinking about getting the Ram Power grip set up but if this Spec works sweet I will get a new complete unit. I just dont dig chatter much is all. But then again I roast the hell out of clutches so I may love this thing.
Old 04-04-2005, 09:49 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The chatter is almost completly gone now after only around 600-700 miles. It still chatters if you don't give it a little more gas from a dead stop, than usually on a stock clutch and it hooks best when I slip the clutch a little bit, instead letting it go all the way. but.... it fu..en WORKS, HOOKS GREAT !!!! Last saturday I had my first race after installing my 4.10 and Spec 3 clutch (in that moment I had about 600 miles on the clutch and 1000 on my gear) anyways, I SSSSMOOOOKED, from a dead stop a Subaru WRX with some mods, like about good 3-4 car lenghts !!!! the car just jumped like a horse, and that Subaru guy could not belive it. F-Body POWER !!!!!

Last edited by Super Sport Beast; 04-04-2005 at 09:51 PM. Reason: adding smilies
Old 04-04-2005, 10:35 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Spec clutch chatters because it uses an aggressive disc and a basically stock pressure plate (without additional clamp load) , this causes the pressure plate to hop around during a gradual engagement . That is why we do not not carry Spec and do carry the RAM clutches because the pressure plates have 2700 lbs. of clamp load instead of 1800 lbs. like the stocker , this allows you to not have to use such an aggresive disc and still hold up to the same amount of power , and still maintain street driveability without as much chatter .