Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Stock feel clutch?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2005, 05:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock feel clutch?

I am looking for a new clutch...I want something comfortable but one that will handle some power. I've driven an f-bod with a mcleod and the release felt horrible...I want something that will have close to a stock feel. I was gonna go with a zo6 clutch, but I dont think it'll hold up long enough now that I have a 12-bolt....any suggestions?
Old 04-04-2005, 06:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Wow if you dont like the feeling of the Mcleod then whatever you do dont get a spec. I went from stock to a Spec III to a McLeod twin disk, maybe its the year of owning the spec III but the McLeod Twin feels pretty close to stock without the sloppy feeling to it. How much power are you planning for?
Old 04-04-2005, 08:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

The car pushed 393rwhp 378tq last time on the dyno....a TNT 100 wet shot will be used soon as well in conjuntion with a couple of hard launches...
Old 04-04-2005, 09:08 PM
TECH Regular

My Spec III drives pretty much like stock after you brake it in. I went from the Z06 clutch to the Spec so it wasn't a really big difference to me. It's a little harder to push but it releases right about the same place my Z06 clutch did.
Old 04-05-2005, 12:40 AM
TECH Apprentice

Maniac - Thanks for the reply...I was looking forward to hearing something like that....

Anybody know how these RAM clutches work? Just curious if they engage/release close to stock and how well they hold up...
Old 04-05-2005, 12:55 AM
WOT
TECH Apprentice

With your power levels being what they are, I would recommend either a Spec III or a Ram. When doing a search or asking advice, you will hear good and bad about all of the clutches. I currently run a spec III and have pretty decent power levels without a lot of slippage. It has a stock feel to it after a "proper" break in. It is hard to stay out of it for the first few hundred miles, but if you take your time with it, it should be a great clutch for your needs.
In searching, you will find posts of chatter on many of the top brands. I have found this to be minimized with the X pad and a good break in. Good luck.
Old 04-05-2005, 06:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Textralla is the ideal clutch if u want stock feel with drag race potentiel. holds up to 700+ hp. comes with everything u need in the bellhousing priced at $979. I've heard nothing but good things about this clutch so far.