Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Line Lock Users Come Inside

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2005, 01:17 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Line Lock Users Come Inside

For those of you who have line locks, which brand do you prefer and why? Did your kit come with decet instructions? Was the install fairly straightforward?
Old 04-05-2005, 01:56 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought mine from SJM, a sponsor here. Here's the link:

http://www.sjmmanufacturing.homestead.com

It works great, was a very clean install... instructions were good as well. Here's some pics of it installed:

Old 04-05-2005, 01:57 PM
11 Second Club

This should be in the Handling/Braking forum.

But I'll humor you. I like my SJM linelock. Awesome install kit (and easy install), awesome kit itself. Excellent customer service. Best bang for the buck hands down.

PM steve10 on this board for more info, or do a search for "line lock" in the Handling/Braking forum.

My recent thread about my line lock
Old 04-05-2005, 03:04 PM
12 Second Club

http://www.mycamaroz28.homestead.com/
whats the difference in the solenoid choices? how come it affects the price so much
Old 04-05-2005, 03:08 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BigSteele
http://www.mycamaroz28.homestead.com/
whats the difference in the solenoid choices? how come it affects the price so much
Old 04-05-2005, 03:22 PM
TECH Veteran

I'm not sure what the functional differences are, but the Line Lock "A" is an SLP style solenoid, while "B" and "C" are Hurst style solenoids. I just bought the cheapest one, and it works great...

If you want to know what the functional differences are, I suggest contacting Steve10 via PM or by clicking the email link on the SJM website.
Old 04-05-2005, 03:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tranzor_Z28
I'm not sure what the functional differences are, but the Line Lock "A" is an SLP style solenoid, while "B" and "C" are Hurst style solenoids. I just bought the cheapest one, and it works great...

If you want to know what the functional differences are, I suggest contacting Steve10 via PM or by clicking the email link on the SJM website.

thats because "A" is a cheapie universial 'noid that happens to work great for this application, and "B" is a pretty machined application specific 'noid....

http://store.summitracing.com/defaul...=KeywordSearch

look fimilar?
Old 04-06-2005, 02:06 AM
TECH Addict

hurst here on both cars.easy install and simple instruction.always works.never let me down yet.
Old 04-06-2005, 02:57 AM
12 Second Club

I've got the SLP version, works good so far. INstall was easy.
Old 04-06-2005, 05:36 PM
9 Second Club

SLP here too, no problems 100% reliable.
Old 04-06-2005, 06:20 PM
FormerVendor

There is little functionality differences between any of the style line lock solenoids we carry.

They ALL function equally well. There are no noticeable differences in performance that I have measured. The differences lie essentially in esthetics.

We give the customer the option of choosing which solenoid he/she prefers for the folks whom "have to have" one style over the other. I personally STRONGLY suggest the B001 kits for the price you can't beat it. The kit besides for the solenoids retains the SAME benefits and functions. Essentially you’re paying for a more expensive LL solenoid.

Our kits at one time were recommended by SLP reps years back when we carried them under other vendor’s names....since then, they have been producing their own bare bones kit. Our kit retains benefits their kit does not provide. (Shown in our comparison chart located at www.sjmmanufacturinginc.homestead.com).

We include additional features such as and LED master indicator as well as a master arm switch. These features are important as when you’re NOT using your line lock, accidental deployment is not possible. The function of the master arm switch is when you want to use it, you switch it on which illuminates the LED. This lets you know the circuit is live and ready to arm. Now you’re ready to use the line lock. Depress the control switch, heat up your tires, and release the switch when you’re ready. When your finished using the line lock, switch the master control switch off, the LED will turn off...there is no way they solenoid can be activated at this point.

Our kit provides the user with added safety features which insure longevity in their LL solenoid. Solenoids should never be activated for more then 60 seconds. Without a master shut-off circuit, while cleaning the car, or some other accidental deployment, by leaving the solenoid active, it can be burnt out rather easily. Worst case scenario...driving down the street, accidentally flipping the switch unknowingly (or passenger playing around not knowing what it does), you could step on the brakes and not have them release...not a good thing.

The LS1 kits have the solenoids mounted at the top fender area as the LT1 front mounting location is MUCH more cramped due to the location of the power wires and other obstructions. It is much more difficult and time consuming to mount the solenoid in this location. Drilling mounting holes can become more of an issue as well as physcally mounting it. This is why we have it located on the top.

We do have as an option for the folks whom ONLY want it located in the much more difficult mounting position, we can carry the kit in this configuration with lines lines. You must specifically ask for this kit as it is not standard (no price difference). It will require much more skill and possibly specialized tools to mount it properly. i.e. angle drill etc.

The b001 solenoids can be disassembled easy into two pieces for customization. I have had a few customers whom highly polished the brass side and color matched the other side to their engine compartment. I do not have pictures of it, but for the guys whom did, post them up.

Our kits are always in stock ready to ship.

Hope this helps,

Steve
SJM Mfg, Inc.
Bogart wholesale/distribution
412 508 0634

PS, within the next few weeks, we will be switching to our new domain website so please bare with us.
Old 04-06-2005, 06:20 PM
FormerVendor

wow...I appologize for all the reading. ...Didn't realize I was typing a novel.
Old 04-06-2005, 06:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

I also have the SJM kit. It's a great line lock. Very simple, yet it gets the job done. I'd recommend it to anyone.
Old 04-10-2005, 11:44 AM
12 Second Club

steve10,
awesome info, thanks for taking the time to explain everything, ill probably buy a kit pretty soon and definitely will go to you!

Quick Reply: Line Lock Users Come Inside