Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

how can i build my own bullitproof T56?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2005, 11:42 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default how can i build my own bullitproof T56?

the past couple days i've been driving from dealership to dealership in 1st, 5th, or 6th(lol) gear because once again my tranny is screwed. every dealership tells me that because this is the 3rd tranny, they don't want to get involved. i think its bullshit, but i guess its better than them voiding my warranty. anyway, i guess this means its time to rebuild the tranny the right way.
what are some things i should get (steel shift forks etc etc) that will make this tranny stop breaking. i don't miss gears with it, but i only push my clutch pedal down about halfway and slid my foot off. i always end up bending the 3-4 shift fork and breaking syncro's in half.

also does anybody know of a website that i can download a t56 repair manual from?
thanks
Old 04-08-2005, 06:43 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by onefastsunsetSS
the past couple days i've been driving from dealership to dealership in 1st, 5th, or 6th(lol) gear because once again my tranny is screwed. every dealership tells me that because this is the 3rd tranny, they don't want to get involved. i think its bullshit, but i guess its better than them voiding my warranty. anyway, i guess this means its time to rebuild the tranny the right way.
what are some things i should get (steel shift forks etc etc) that will make this tranny stop breaking. i don't miss gears with it, but i only push my clutch pedal down about halfway and slid my foot off. i always end up bending the 3-4 shift fork and breaking syncro's in half.

also does anybody know of a website that i can download a t56 repair manual from?
thanks

Check with Rock-On Transmissions. Dave is a good guy. He helped me out the other day.
Old 04-08-2005, 06:47 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by orangeapeel
Check with Rock-On Transmissions. Dave is a good guy. He helped me out the other day.
or try this...https://ls1tech.com/forums/lsx-parts-sale/301960-built-t56.html
Old 04-08-2005, 08:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Careful, Guy Ripa has some negative feedback in the member feedback section. Just FYI.

Quick Reply: how can i build my own bullitproof T56?