Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

flywheel resurfacing question

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2005, 04:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default flywheel resurfacing question

so i got my stocker resurfaced today, and they left about a half-dime sized burn mark still on there. the only reason i can tell is because it's not AS shiny as all the rest of the flywheel. it's still pretty shiny, but you can definitely also tell it's duller than the other parts. i wouldn't say it looked anywhere near as bad as some of the other heat spots on the flywheel. i'm just wondering if this is bad and/or is going to cause me any problems?

i'm putting my new spec 2 in tomorrow with this flywheel, so i'm just trying to make sure everything is in good shape ahead of time.
Old 04-14-2005, 05:35 PM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

if u think it could be better have whomever re-do it. can i ask what mods you have and why u chose the spec 2, my clutch finaly crapped out on me and im buying a spec2 and im wondering if im making a good decision for the mods that i got.
Old 04-15-2005, 12:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have a lid and a cutout. i didn't want a spec 3 because it's tough to drive. i don't care, but i know the next person to own the car will care. the spec 2 provides quick shifts while supporting a lot more power than i'll ever need, and it drives like stock.

i think the flywheel is just heated through completely on that one spot, so it wouldn't matter how much resurfacing he did. i'm sure that's why he stopped. anyway, you can lay a flat edge on it, and it seems to be perfectly flat, so i don't think it will make much difference.