Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Q's about ls1 TO bearing

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2005, 02:36 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Q's about ls1 TO bearing

So I've got an lt1 style t56 in my '91 bird. I'm not using the stock style bellhousing and clutch fork. I'm using a Weir Hot Rod Products bellhousing that uses a hydro throwout bearing and no fork. Worked great once I got the whole system bleed. The problem lies in quick replacements parts. This is my daily driver. A few days ago I went out to my car to go to school in morning and it wouldn't go into gear with the engine running. Like the clutch wasn't fully engaging. I tried starting it in gear and got it to work enough to get me to school that day. I vacuum bled it that night and was getting real small air bubbles the whole time but when it got to around 20psi it just started pouring air up.

I'm using a tilton 1" bore MC (which is what Weir reccomends) and a SS braided line to the TO bearing. After bleeding I had the braided line pressure tested and it came out fine. I'm thinking the MC is blown or something I don't know where to look now.

Anyways, I had been thinking about if I could use the stock style ls1 TO bearing. The one I use now is proprietary from Weir. Does anyone have any pictures of the stock one? Or know how far it extends so I know if it's even close to the one I'm using?

Last edited by iansane; 04-15-2005 at 09:59 PM.
Old 04-15-2005, 07:58 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't think it will work with your tranny because it's an internal slave/throwout.

Old 04-15-2005, 10:00 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you know the measurements that bearing has from full compression to full extension?