Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Trans mount

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2005, 02:41 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trans mount

I picked up an energy suspension transmission mount the other day at autozone and while putting it on..It can't be the right one! It has 3 holes in it and the one that is on there has a bolt built into it. Someone please enlighten me.

Also, on another note:
What is involved/ how hard is it to install motor mounts? With the Ebrake set and in Reverse i'll have my brother tourqe it up and the damn engine turns so far to the side I don't know how the engine ISN"T hitting the Hood??

Thanks!
Old 04-20-2005, 03:04 PM
TECH Addict

The 3 holes are there for use with all style GM tranny mounts. The instructions should have the info you need on which holes to use(the middle one). Great mount, have used them on a lot of cars.
Old 04-20-2005, 03:16 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Bo White
The 3 holes are there for use with all style GM tranny mounts. The instructions should have the info you need on which holes to use(the middle one). Great mount, have used them on a lot of cars.

So what about the stud on the stocker that comes out of the existing mount? How do i do it with the Energy one?
Old 04-20-2005, 03:20 PM
TECH Addict

The mount comes with 2 bolts and some washers so reuse your stock bolts that hold the mount to the tranny and use one of the new bolts in the pack to bolt the mount to the cross member.
Old 04-20-2005, 06:03 PM
TECH Resident

I have an ES mount and used the spare stud that came with the Prothane mount I used to have. I guess I got lucky, but you can always make a trip to Autozone or some place that sells nuts and bolts to get a stud.

Jason

Quick Reply: Trans mount