Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Cartek adjustment?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2001, 12:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cartek adjustment?

I wondered if you guys might be able to help me to see if I need to adjust my M/C (which way is what, anyway?). I have the stock shifter in my car - but I made my own short stick the other day. Ever since then my I cannot seem to make my car shift FAST. It seems as though it will only shift at a certain speed. I occasionally grind the gears too (almost never happened before). Perhaps the engagement is too close to the floor? One of my fbody friends drove it ang agreed... but a mustang budy drove my car, and powershifted every gear with easy, excaming he loved the shifter. I am really confused, I don't know what to do or where to start. I thought it might be the POS shifter too. Perhaps the thing to do is call Cartek, but I want you opinions too!
Old 12-21-2001, 06:26 PM
On The Tree

Default Re: Cartek adjustment?

I've only had my cartek in for a couple weeks, but mine grinds once in a while, which means the disc isn't completly disingaging the flywheel. What we need to do is adjust the master cylinder, turn the adjusting nut in the direction that lengthens the rod.
Old 01-04-2002, 05:48 PM
Staging Lane

Default Re: Cartek adjustment?

So how often do you have to adjust it? Every 10000 miles? Is it easy to reach to adjust?

Quick Reply: Cartek adjustment?