Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Another Textrailia that doesn't work...

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2005, 10:24 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Zinc
Glenn-

Im glad you liked DRM, seeing as how its ways closer than anywhere else to us. Thats where I was thinking of taking it to get tuned, but not that many people around here go there for some reason. Thanks for the tips.

BlackZ- When are you going to be down at Uni next?
Ryan
Not sure about when ill get down to Uni again. It will be a sat night sometime, Ill shoot you a PM on TCS when I go. I was on Uni for BTTF.
Old 06-28-2005, 10:34 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by black_z
Your problem sounds the exact same as mine was. I would pull the tranny and inspect it.
Yeah, I'm definitely gonna have to pull it back apart.

Jeff has been in touch with me and has a possible solution. The customer service is no doubt better than any other vendor and I appreciate it.

I'm really thinking that I'll forget this troubleshooting thing though and try something different. It's too much work to go through this and not be sure it's gonna work.

As a kid, I remember learning how to install clutches with my brother. He had a '57 Belair Hdtp he bought for $65. He bailed hay at 3 cents a bail and earned enough to buy this car. He used the old 3-speed non-syncronized trannies, cause that's all we could afford.

We'd go out on the weekends and when there was a chance to race, I'd open his headers. He'd either break the tranny or clutch and we'd work during the week to earn enough to buy a tranny from Pete's junkyard. Old Pete sold us the trannies for $15. All in all he broke 16 of those things during our high school years!

Yep, it's hard to forget the tranny grease dripping down our arms and struggling to get the thing lined up and into the pilot bushing. Back then, it took us awhile to figure out such a thing as a clutch alignment tool. We thought we were pro mechanics when a guy gave us an input shaft from an old tranny to use as an aligning tool. lol
Old 06-28-2005, 11:03 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Zinc
Glenn-

Im glad you liked DRM, seeing as how its ways closer than anywhere else to us. Thats where I was thinking of taking it to get tuned, but not that many people around here go there for some reason. Thanks for the tips.
Ryan
There's no doubt that Hi-Tech has earned most locals business. I think they relate to the locals more than Rippie. I dunno, I have run against a few of the cars that were tuned there and decided to go to Rippie.

He has had a lot more success involving racing than the other guys. If I had a shop like either of those guys though, I'd be at the track proving that I'm the guy you want tuning or modifying your car.
Old 06-29-2005, 07:50 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Z28SSMAN
Jeff has been in touch with me and has a possible solution. The customer service is no doubt better than any other vendor and I appreciate it.
Care to elaborate?
Old 06-29-2005, 11:33 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by JoeyGC5
Care to elaborate?
They are sending another disc, I should have it today.

When I said their service is better than any other vendor I've dealt with, I guess I haven't had anyone offer to ship a part to me without inspecting the old one. Vendors I've dealt with have required that I pay for the new part and refund the money once the retuned part has been inspected.

They also called to see what they could do to resolve my problem.

It doesn't change the fact that I'm very disappointed in going through all the BS though, just makes it somewhat more bearable.
Old 06-29-2005, 04:53 PM
TECH Regular

Ive had my textraila in close to 2k miles now, and no problems. Ran it at the track for 7 or 8 passes too. Everything is holding up. I did puke my tranny however, im 90% sure it was from the past owner beating the **** out of it.
Old 06-29-2005, 07:13 PM
Launching!

They are sending another disc, I should have it today.

When I said their service is better than any other vendor I've dealt with, I guess I haven't had anyone offer to ship a part to me without inspecting the old one. Vendors I've dealt with have required that I pay for the new part and refund the money once the retuned part has been inspected.

They also called to see what they could do to resolve my problem.

It doesn't change the fact that I'm very disappointed in going through all the BS though, just makes it somewhat more bearable.

hey man, don't be so dissapointed. i have been down this road. it sucks that i have to pull tranny in and out total of 12 times(i am getting pretty good at it, only take me 15 min to pull tranny out), but with peter and jeff stand by the phone and i keep bothering them, finally found the problem and was fix right a way. this is the way going to be when you mess around with performance parts. there is always something can go wrong. atleast peter and jeff is there nights and weekend. after he send me the correct disc, he told me that as soon as you put it in and weather works or not, just give him a call even it is at 3 in the morning. and it works, i was so happy and jeff at texas was jump up and down too. even after that day, i still get phone call from them to see how's my clutch do. i am so glad i went with oz700 instead of other clutch.
Old 06-29-2005, 07:43 PM
12 Second Club

no doubt their (textralia) customer service is the best
My advice would be to keep working with them until you find the solution. You will be very happy with the clutch once its working
Old 06-29-2005, 09:39 PM
12 Second Club

Agreed, their customer service is incredible. Jeff, I got your message this weekend but deleted it and couldnt remember the #, I was at a music fest and was pretty drunk.
Old 06-30-2005, 05:17 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Glad you guy's are happy getting clutches that have problems from the start.It's too bad the quality isn't checked.I knoe Andy does what he can to check them out but he can't pick up manufacturing problems.

As for me,Textralia lost my bussiness before I even got anything.I didn't like how they contacted me to test out there clutch on one of my high powered cars,then I wait weeks with the car on a lift and they back out.

Good luck guy's
Old 06-30-2005, 06:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
Glad you guy's are happy getting clutches that have problems from the start.It's too bad the quality isn't checked.I knoe Andy does what he can to check them out but he can't pick up manufacturing problems.

As for me,Textralia lost my bussiness before I even got anything.I didn't like how they contacted me to test out there clutch on one of my high powered cars,then I wait weeks with the car on a lift and they back out.

Good luck guy's
Oh a whimper from someone who wanted something for free.. Sorry Slowhawk, your reputation proceeded you. You get that some days.
Old 06-30-2005, 07:24 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by Plan B
Oh a whimper from someone who wanted something for free.. Sorry Slowhawk, your reputation proceeded you. You get that some days.
If I remember I didn't want it for free.It was insisted that I take it for free and test it out.Well,I hold the customer's car waiting to try this clutch and to my surprise the clutch was not sent to me after the hour long talk we had and with myself mentioning I would pay for it but they insisted it was for free Normally this wouldn't bother me but the customer was waiting and it made me look bad over Textralia's service.

In America we call that Indian giving

The SPEC stage 5 is working the ***** though

P.S sorry for jumping on this post.It just hit a nerve.I stand behind everything and this company made me look bad which I hate
Old 06-30-2005, 08:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
In America we call that Indian giving
Sure, but the rest of the world may call your comments racial discrimination. Like I said in our communication, deal with yourself before dealing with a product that you have never used. Again, you are keeping up to your reputation.

Good luck with that!
Old 06-30-2005, 02:43 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, one thing is for certain, accessibility of people at Textralia and whatever they do when there is a complaint about their product is something the other suppliers darn sure ought to mimic. When you can charge a moderately high price for a product, deliver it in a defective state, cause purchasers to loose the use of their cars and cause them to have to remove and install their transmissions twice instead of once, and they still post up here and sing your praises and recommend you, it is certainly impressive to this modest observer. I gotta give you props for that!
Old 06-30-2005, 07:25 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by Plan B
. Like I said in our communication, deal with yourself before dealing with a product that you have never used. Again, you are keeping up to your reputation.

Good luck with that!
Absolutely,if anyone has time,look at my almost 7000 post's and see how much I negative company's There might be 1 other one in there.So my reputation must be bad

Keep in mind I'm not bashing this product,just didn't like how I was blown off over some $$ that I would of gladly paid to get my customer going.That in my book is bad customer service.. Sorry.
Old 07-11-2005, 10:48 AM
Teching In

Here's an update on the clutch issue....
Jeff has been in contact with me from the beginning and after receiving the requested parts, I tore the car apart Sat nite.

Before tearing it apart, I thought I'd use the starter to try and "motor" the car up on the trailer. About halfway up the ramps, (I had the clutch pedal depressed) there was a thud and the clutch disengaged. As I depressed the clutch pedal, I could hear a rattling sound. When I put it in neutral and released the pedal, the noise went away.

I went ahead and pulled it apart and found that the disc was larger than the one Jeff sent as a replacement. I called Jeff and he indicated that noise was from the disc hitting the washers supplied with the ARP bolts. I looked at the washers and found them all gouged.

Anyway, I put it back together and although there's chatter, I was able to drive the SS for the first time in weeks. I'm sure the chatter will settle down after I put a few miles on it.

Thanks to Jeff for helping me through this. It should have been caught at Andy's, because I was assured the disc would be measured before he shipped it. I plan on calling him today to see what he has to say about this.

So, there ya go. There was no doubt in my mind that the install/bleeding was done properly and I was right. I hope this clutch will exceed my expectations because with the Ford's I plan on competing with and my weak-assed rwhp, there's not going to be room for error.
Old 07-11-2005, 03:27 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's an update on the clutch issue....
Jeff has been in contact with me from the beginning and after receiving the requested parts, I tore the car apart Sat nite.

Before tearing it apart, I thought I'd use the starter to try and "motor" the car up on the trailer. About halfway up the ramps, (I had the clutch pedal depressed) there was a thud and the clutch disengaged. As I depressed the clutch pedal, I could hear a rattling sound. When I put it in neutral and released the pedal, the noise went away.

I went ahead and pulled it apart and found that the disc was larger than the one Jeff sent as a replacement. I called Jeff and he indicated that noise was from the disc hitting the washers supplied with the ARP bolts. I looked at the washers and found them all gouged.

Anyway, I put it back together and although there's chatter, I was able to drive the SS for the first time in weeks. I'm sure the chatter will settle down after I put a few miles on it.

Thanks to Jeff for helping me through this. It should have been caught at Andy's, because I was assured the disc would be measured before he shipped it. I plan on calling him today to see what he has to say about this.

So, there ya go. There was no doubt in my mind that the install/bleeding was done properly and I was right. I hope this clutch will exceed my expectations because with the Ford's I plan on competing with and my weak-assed rwhp, there's not going to be room for error.
glad you figured out your trouble...hope it holds up for ya...im praying that i dont have any issues with mine.
Old 07-11-2005, 05:21 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by TWINTURBORAMAIR
glad you figured out your trouble...hope it holds up for ya...im praying that i dont have any issues with mine.
Thanks!

Maybe I should have been praying like you and I would have had better luck!

j/k