Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

3 days and WHAT THE F@#k!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 08:54 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

take it too a gm dealer, they should be able to goodwill the tranny no problem. My dad use to work at a gm dealer for 28 years. they can goodwill i believe 5 years or 40 or 60,000 miles. So with that said i would check into the gm dealership also as long as the title isnt branded.
peace rob and good luck.
Old 01-25-2006, 09:19 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigrob339
take it too a gm dealer, they should be able to goodwill the tranny no problem. My dad use to work at a gm dealer for 28 years. they can goodwill i believe 5 years or 40 or 60,000 miles. So with that said i would check into the gm dealership also as long as the title isnt branded.
peace rob and good luck.
only thing with the goodwill is dealers usally only do it for the customers that have the car serviced there. the place where he bought the car should defiently own up and atleast go 50/50 at worst to fix the car. in all honesty it shouldnt cost him a dime seeing how its 5 days old. the dealer is responsable for the car without a doubt
Old 01-26-2006, 05:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ya just an update, but ive picked the car up from the dealer as is cause i dont want it to stay there. i have contacted the attorney general and they are sending me forms to fill out as a complaint against the dealer (basically claiming the car as a lemon to be fixed or refunded in full). its gonna take some time i guess but im sure ill win cause this is a brand new car and 3 days into it, it already has tranny problems.
Old 01-26-2006, 11:27 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by C Murda
ya just an update, but ive picked the car up from the dealer as is cause i dont want it to stay there. i have contacted the attorney general and they are sending me forms to fill out as a complaint against the dealer (basically claiming the car as a lemon to be fixed or refunded in full). its gonna take some time i guess but im sure ill win cause this is a brand new car and 3 days into it, it already has tranny problems.
You're doing the right thing.

Have you told them what you're up to?

If you tell them you're going to take legal action and they are obligated to fix it according to contractial (sp?) obligations they should budge.

I don't know what your local laws are but by law in New Mexico if there is a defect in the vehicle not mentioned by the dealer when the vehicle is sold you have 2 weeks or 500 miles to make a claim. If the repairs cost a certain percentage of the vehicles selling price they HAVE TO buy the car back. Otherwise the dealer has to fix the problem through his sources. Either way the dealer has to make good on the car.

The fact they are giving you a hard time its total bullshit. Read the papers you signed, your options should be outlined.

Good luck.

Quick Reply: 3 days and WHAT THE F@#k!!!!