Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Bought a clutch from ebay, how to verify what I got?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2006, 12:40 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Bought a clutch from ebay, now I'm pissed

So last week I bought a clutch from ebay trying to get a deal, save some money you know. Here's the auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWN%3AIT.
So I get the box and is says Exedy on the box when I thought I was getting a LUK clutch. So I called them and they told me that sometimes companies purchase the right to market other companies products as their own and put them into their own box. I was ok with that response because the pressure plate is stamped LUK and I have heard of this before. A day later I get a PM from another member of this board asking me to check out my flywheel. Here's what I found.
So to me this looks a little strange, I'm thinking that either one it has been stolen and the serial number has been removed or two the seller is trying to claim they are selling something that they are not. So I called them back, they said to send them pictures, so I did. I did not hear anything for three days so I decided to call them. I spoke with the same person I has about the box and this is what he told me, "Companies will sometimes remove the other companies name or part number so the consumer thinks that it is from one manufacturer. I told the person what I thought. He told me not to worry because Exedy and LUK are the major manufacturers of clutches and if that if one manufacturer did not make the part the other did. I asked if I could return the clutch for a full refund because I did not like the answer he gave me, which sounded as if he pulled it out of his ***. He told me that I could but I would have to pay for shipping which would be fifty or sixty dollars and I would not get the any of the shipping refunded to me.
So here I am stuck with this clutch. I know it will work, but I do not know how to verify this is what I supposed to get. Let me know what you guys or girls think. Oh and please no lecturing about trying to get something for cheap... I already got that from my wife.
Attached Thumbnails Bought a clutch from ebay, how to verify what I got?-dsc00587.jpg  
Old 01-27-2006, 08:20 AM
TECH Resident

man that sux when people are ******** on ebay thats why u should always pay with paypal and your credit card on ebay for exspensive things so u can have the credit card stop payment your protected that way so if they dont wanna help the credit card just takes the money back and thats that.
Old 01-27-2006, 09:28 PM
Staging Lane

About the only recourse you have on Ebay is feedback. Always check for negative feedback before buying. Maybe the clutch will work out alright for ya!!!! I got screwed on a motorcycle backrest on Ebay. Seller said it would fit my bike, but it fit like a saddle on a sow. Had to build my own mounting brackets. Oh well live and learn. Good luck.
Old 01-27-2006, 09:57 PM
Launching!

dude...whats the prob..you go what you paid for...i dont get it. did they tell you ..you were getting a exedy?
Old 01-27-2006, 10:11 PM
TECH Resident

its like that saying measure twice and cut once...read re read before payment---you get what you pay for like pewter said...
Old 01-28-2006, 05:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Exclamation

dont worry, if its luk clutch and pressure plate and flywheel, then whats the problem, i bouth the same clutch, from same seller, but i got the z06 clutch for my 98 z28, it works just fine, and plus i picked it up at theri location in Los Angeles since Im local!
Old 01-29-2006, 10:30 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought my Fidanza aluminum flywheel from those guys about a year ago.

No problems.