TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

cool man
Old 11-13-2006, 07:54 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by WS6FirebirdTA00
cool man
Mine doesnt squeak at all anymore after I do that, And it engages smoother too.
Old 11-15-2006, 11:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by FbodyAttraction
When you are cruizing down the highway, push the clutch in and rev to 4k, and let the clutch out just enough to maintain cuizing speed and 4k rpm.
Sounds like a great way to toast a clutch
Old 11-16-2006, 01:02 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FbodyAttraction

When you are cruizing down the highway, push the clutch in and rev to 4k, and let the clutch out just enough to maintain cuizing speed and 4k rpm
I think there is some misunderstanding here. I just want to clear it up so no one ends up witha burnt clutch.

You DO NOT want to drive down the freeway with your clutch slipping at 4K for any extended period of time. The instructions we've given to anyone are VERY short hits on the clutch. Just enough to put some heat into the clutch. If you drive around with your clutch slipping to 4K you won't have a clutch in your car for very long.

For anyone looking for instructions from us, you can cruise along at a slow roll, put the car in say 3rd gear. Bring up the revs, and dump the clutch once or twice. You only need a few seconds of time to generate all the heat you'll ever need to burnish the surface of the clutch. As we've also said, a couple of passes at the drag strip, or a few spirited passes in your car will have the same result.

If anyone ever needs help with their clutch, has a question on proper break in, or use, please feel free to email us at admin@textralia.com.au We're always here to help you guys out.
Old 11-17-2006, 01:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well I tried the freeway thing. Going 70mph, I had the car in 6th and held the revs at 3500 and slipped the clutch to maintain speed. I did this for 5-7 seconds then drove like normal. After that, the noise was gone, there is less chatter, and shifting is smoother! I guess these clutches like to be punished! I wonder how long it will last before the noise comes back.
Old 11-24-2006, 09:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Mine likes to make a squeel sound when it cold (Ram HD) sometiems. When it does this i am always paranoid it going out, but i do A LOT of city driving with it. Whenver i get the chance, and my car is fulling warmed up, i dot a wide open pass 1st through 3rd gear. The car scratches EVERY gear. After that, the car drives perfect, clutch engages smooth, and hard. I really dont understand the aftermarket clutches...but i love them LOL
Old 02-03-2007, 10:40 AM
BADA BING BADA BOOM!!!!!!

Mine started sqeaking recently, and is very annoying and embarrasing. I've had mine in the car for 9 months and just recently took it to the track and made two passes.

Even after 2 burnouts on MT/DR's the clutch still squeaks while engaging, plus it wouldn't disengage quick enough while power shifting causing me to slightly grind gears on every shift, I know it's not due to the fluid because I use DOT 5 fluid.

Nothing against Textralia, but my Cartek clutch I used to run in my 3600lb 98 Z28 was alot smoother, never squeaked and lived even after hundreds of 7000 RPM dumps on slicks..........never gave me a single hiccup.

This thing is coming out of the car as soon as I can find the time.
Old 02-13-2007, 11:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

a third gear dump to "lube" the clutch works for about 2 days then I have to do it again.....at least i know how to make it stop. I can't powershift either without grinding, but i need a new master.....my old one is shot.
Old 05-23-2007, 08:10 PM
10 Second Club

I just bought the Exoskel and it also squeals when being released in 1st gear. I'm not too worried about it being that this seems to be the norm and usually goes away over time...so far I'm happy with it. I only have 350 or so miles on the clutch at the moment but it's in for some abuse with the 408 & nitrous.
Old 05-23-2007, 08:30 PM
TECH Resident

Hmmm...I'm glad this thread was brought back. I'm having the same problem with mine! I'll try and warm it up and post back with my personal results.

ls1tech saves the day once again!
Old 05-23-2007, 08:38 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by rk_2000_Z/28
Hmmm...I'm glad this thread was brought back. I'm having the same problem with mine! I'll try and warm it up and post back with my personal results.

Do you have the Exoskel or a different one? Also how many miles do you have on it? Mine is squealing even when the car is warmed up so I dunno. Other than the noise it's driving and acting great.
Old 05-25-2007, 06:48 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by rk_2000_Z/28

Same here. I made two threads in the past about this and it sank to the bottom of about 2 million pages within a matter of hours. I didn't get much response. I was really getting pissed about the clutch simply because of the noise and the neg. attention it was attracting when starting off in first from a stop light.

I have the OZ700 with the first version of the clutch disk. I had the same problems as you guys until I read this thread. I went ahead and put it in second from a slow roll and gave it two decent dumps from about 3500 while going around 25 or so. The noise is gone now so I'm pretty damn happy about that.

Question though: After doing what Textralia advised, my clutch seems to shift smoother but the pedal seems to engage way higher than before. Is there something I don't know about here? It's almost at the VERY top of the pedal for some reason and feels a good bit softer. I know I didn't allow air in there. We did a bench bleed on the master and slave on my workbench when we first installed it over 3000-4000 miles ago and has been perfect ever since.

Still one of the best clutches I've owned...period.

Quick Reply: Squeak while textralia clutch is engaging