Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Doug Nash swap?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2006, 01:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Doug Nash swap?

My stock 6sp decided to puke itself this morning and a built Tremec is out of the question right now, but i do have and extra built Doug Nash 5 speed from one of the race cars... anyone know if an adapter is made for this type of swap?
Old 04-21-2006, 11:32 AM
Staging Lane

I'll assume you already know the Nash won't be silky smooth or have overdrive...

I think you could use Lakewood 15005 LS1 Bellhousing plus the Novak Hydraulic Clutch Slave Cylinder Retrofit for Chevrolet Bellhousings.

You will have to change the driveshaft too (the output is 32 spline like a TH400) and the length will probably be wrong. Also the transmission mount will probably be in the wrong place... but I think it is doable. The cool thing is you could upgrade to a G-Force GF-5R when you have an extra $5k laying around...

Chris
(My '80 El Camino has a Doug Nash Street 4+1, using a hydraulic clutch linkage)
Old 04-23-2006, 02:35 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the info Chree, i would have responded much sooner but i have been working my butt off the last few days. Yeah i know the Nash will be a bear and i give up the OD but that 4.06 1st makes me The car is going to start seeing alot more track time and the drive to work is only 10 mins so who really cares about gas mileage and at least with this tranny which went 9:30's in our Malibu behind a very stout small block will definetly hold up to the amount of power i have on the bottle.

Quick Reply: Doug Nash swap?