Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

URGENT NEED HELP NOW. i broke the car

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2006, 07:22 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default URGENT NEED HELP NOW. i broke the car

ok on my way home from work i noticed the car didnt feel to strong wo i drove normal till i got on the straight in front of the house.so i decided to roll about 5 to 10 mph then stomp it.i figure well im just use to it so i grab 2nd feels good then go to get 4th and uh oh it hangs in 2nd. i mean not hard to shift or notchy it hung you could take and push on the handle it wouldnt move and i was afraid to push any harder.its anew transmission from a sponser on here so i know its good about 7 months old new clutch and al.whats happend did i bend shift fork or sumthing simply wrong.its got a centerforce dual friction clutch ,ram adjustable master cylinder short throw stick with hurst pro shifter..please help guys i hope its not major i was on the way to order the cam packager too im begining to hate this mony pit lol please help
Old 05-13-2006, 07:26 PM
12 Second Club

also i can let up on the clutch when i am stoped it i pushed a lil harder and it poped right back out but im afraid to drive it so help cause its my dd
Old 05-13-2006, 11:03 PM
wrencher

The clutch releasing normally?
Might want to call the place that built it & get their opnion on it, before it is damaged any further. Sounds like a possible slider key issue though.
Old 05-15-2006, 07:02 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

either your clutch is not disengaging or........hopefully it's not this but when you get stuck in gear with your hydrolics working right it is usally a broken slider key. Did the sponsor put billet slider keys in your tranny. You can blow up a new tranny quick with stock slider keys. I hope I'm wrong but let me know when you figure it out
Old 05-15-2006, 07:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 02SOMWS6
either your clutch is not disengaging or........hopefully it's not this but when you get stuck in gear with your hydrolics working right it is usally a broken slider key. Did the sponsor put billet slider keys in your tranny. You can blow up a new tranny quick with stock slider keys. I hope I'm wrong but let me know when you figure it out

If it is a slider key will the problem be persistent or off and on?
Old 05-15-2006, 09:09 PM
wrencher

Originally Posted by my01camaroz28
If it is a slider key will the problem be persistent or off and on?
It could be off & on sticking in gear, but usually not. It gets worse & worse.

Quick Reply: URGENT NEED HELP NOW. i broke the car