Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Filling tranny from shifter hole.

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006 | 08:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Drain it completely and fill to overflow.You can fill it with a small funnel and hose snake it down behind the brake booster and run the hose into the fill hole in the tranny.You will need 2 people ...1 to pour and 1 to hold the hose.Mine took almost 4 quarts or fill it from shifter either way will work .
Old 07-12-2006 | 11:22 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Phlip00WS6
I wish.. they charge 35 for a the tranny! Not including the fluid.
i just went to the next oil change place next to work and asked them to fill it up. they charged me 8$ for it and i live in iceland where everything is more expensive than in the US. i mean its only 2 screws and a fill
Old 07-12-2006 | 12:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hey all. Good info in here. My situation kinda goes along with this. The motor/tranny has been out of the car for awhile, and while it was out, fluid came out of the rear of the tranny on more than one occasion. So I have no idea how much is left. If I pull the drain plug, and just it drain, will that allow MOST of the fluid to come out???

My method was gonig to be... Drain the tranny, reinstall drain plug, take out the fill plug, and fill through the shifter opening until fluid comes out of the fill plug. My shifter is off now...so might as well do that if I dont have to mess wtih hoses and all. How long does it take for the fluid to get from the shifter opening down into the tranny? I dont want to keep pouring it in, then have it all of a sudden come gushing out of the fill hole. Any advice would be awsome!

Justin
Old 07-12-2006 | 04:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It goes in pretty quick through the shifter. Just put in 3.5 quarts then do the last 1/2 a quart slowly.
Old 07-13-2006 | 12:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

This thread is some funny sh*t. lmao. I got the wet *** when I pulled my drain plug out for the first time. Thats some thin *** fluid.

Quick Reply: Filling tranny from shifter hole.